Training a new guy, but has been in the petroleum business for 10 years.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today, he showed up and worked on three specific items that he has been doing for two months. He asked questions before doing them and only biffed one item on one site. Simple remedy, just have to wait an additional 10 minutes for a sensor to alarm. We did two sites today. I would like to think that me telling him he was way behind the curve, since he has 10 years in this field, and that there was guy that had no experience that was ready to go out on his own after only two months, hit him between eyes. Tomorrow, he is getting his work truck he will be using, if he can pull his head out. I have a day of peace and will celebrate with a Dr. Pepper. I know, I know...I'm easy to please.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being in the Oilfield for 53 yrs and to hear such a negative comment about a Oily has just really insulted me! Whats your problem? You dont think any other of these 30 yrs olds running around with the "I know more than you attitude" unless they are Oilfield?

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being in the Oilfield for 53 yrs and to hear such a negative comment about a Oily has just really insulted me! Whats your problem? You dont think any other of these 30 yrs olds running around with the "I know more than you attitude" unless they are Oilfield?
He's not oilfield. He's on the byproduct side of it. I've seen him on post construction sites and all he was doing was walking around like a smartass inspector that didn't know what he was doing. Yesterday, I ran into a coworker he used to work with. His coworker said the guy I was training told him to apply at where I am working with. This dude is a little younger than me, but about as intelligent as an unusable rock. I was showing him how to his job while we were on the job site.

Glenee

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I grew up and started working , we all knew what tool's were and their sole place to function. Most of the Oilfield got there help from farms and small communities. We worked on our own cars, fixed all the farm machinery ourselves and had mechanical minds. We just wanted to know how things worked. Thanks to the Schools we have now and most parents they think hard labor is abuse. Our Dad's, Uncles, and Grand fathers all taught the same thing Heads down asses up, if I need any stuff from you I will squeeze your head. We are never going to see that Kind of work force ever again. There's just too many blessings for whining. I heard this saying too many times too mention : If a Man don't use his head, He might as well have two a??holes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom