Two days and two stones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats how a lot of us used to roll. At my old office, 90% were always on time and at work. But we had that ONE guy who always had the Monday flu. And the guy who would burn his sick and vacation time as it popped. Even though I outsold him 11 of 12 months every year. The @$@$#@% district manager laid me off and kept that POS. All I can hope is they enjoy that choice.

I was first in, last out. lol its been 2 years and im still miffed over that deal...
I worked for the state and it was a pretty big deal to get someone fired, especially if they were of color or female. I mean you practically had to kill someone to get fired, or get behind on your state taxes. Had a field hand who needed to pee and went to a spot he thought was out of view and whipped it out, a guy saw him and called it in, yeah, he was gone lol.
Your situation was just wrong it sounds like.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats how a lot of us used to roll. At my old office, 90% were always on time and at work. But we had that ONE guy who always had the Monday flu. And the guy who would burn his sick and vacation time as it popped. Even though I outsold him 11 of 12 months every year. The @$@$#@% district manager laid me off and kept that POS. All I can hope is they enjoy that choice.

I was first in, last out. lol its been 2 years and im still miffed over that deal...
I had a black guy assigned to my branch, without asking me. He was well known to be a lazy slacker with 20 years on the job. I went to the division head and asked why they put him under me?! He said, cause we knew you would straighten him out or fire him.
Nope, I wasnt about to try and fire a black man with more tenure than me.
So I made his ass straighten up with some tough conversations. He worked out well after some ironing of the wrinkles.
He became my assistant... but damn, it was a struggle that I didnt need.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a black guy assigned to my branch, without asking me. He was well known to be a lazy slacker with 20 years on the job. I went to the division head and asked why they put him under me?! He said, cause we knew you would straighten him out or fire him.
Nope, I wasnt about to try and fire a black man with more tenure than me.
So I made his ass straighten up with some tough conversations. He worked out well after some ironing of the wrinkles.
He became my assistant... but damn, it was a struggle that I didnt need.
Sounds like you were a smart boss. Some folks just need different motivations than others. And yes I still feel they screwed me. I was given a generous severance, but that isnt the same as losing so far two years of good pay because of my sales. I had customers calling my cell or texting for well over a year later. Still shocked. And since my old company had bought out most of its competition . Finding another company wont happen. And me being 58 now. Too old to learn new tools.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you were a smart boss. Some folks just need different motivations than others. And yes I still feel they screwed me. I was given a generous severance, but that isnt the same as losing so far two years of good pay because of my sales. I had customers calling my cell or texting for well over a year later. Still shocked. And since my old company had bought out most of its competition . Finding another company wont happen. And me being 58 now. Too old to learn new tools.
I dont know about a smart boss, I was labeled a hard ass and my division head said, thats why we promoted him, he gets results or takes out the trash lol.
I only ever fired 1 man who I just couldnt get to listen. We deer hunted together before he came to my squad and he thought he could get by with crap cause we were hunting buddies.
Didnt work the way he envisioned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom