RANT!!!!1!!!11! Climate control and the weather.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let's start out with the things I enjoy. I abolitley am loving the weather right now. It's sunny and beautiful out, the winds not ungodly unbearable right now, whatever foliage that f¥(ks up my nose is not really doing anything to me at the moment,I am able to survive on my allergy mess and netty pot alone. Also I absolutely love the temperature; it's just barely gracing "a little warm" at the hottest part of the day, and it graces us with the low 40s high 30s at night, which creates the best morning and evening conditions in my opinion.

Now let's turn it up a notch. I'm a fat arse, who despises sweating. There is now way to make me want to grind my teeth and do horribly mean thing more than to stick me in a warm or hot place and have me do any ki d of physical labor that gets the glands expelling that annoying sticky salty oil from my flesh.

Something I hate:
Poor design regardless of how much it costs to make it work proper.
I'm sure there is a reason and i am sure there's a diesel mechanic here that will try to put me and my simple ape mind in my place, but frankly I do not want to hear it. I posted this is a rant, if you are looking for compassion and understanding, look elsewhere.

Okay, WTF am I talking about?:
The armored trucks at work. They are big burly cumbersome beasts. The are dirty nasty poor tempered hulks, but when they decode to work, they get the job done. So I applause them for their work. But with their size and annoying loud powerful engine; they have a flaw. Or rather an inconvienance that coupled with other factors really grinds my grits. This naturally leads us to the climate control part. I am referring to the a/c and heater on these goliths. It's one or the other. You start the day with the heater on, then get too warm and decide that you want some a/c? You gotta pull over, take the proper security processors, pop he hood, surrender your arm to this oily greasy nasty burning hot engine bay, turn two horribly placed valves on water hoses, so it diverts the water away from the heater coil. Lock the hood back down, then endure the remainder of the day with an arm covered in filth, and potentially nurse a burn if you screw up and touch something hot, which is going to happen at least 1/7 attempts. Furthermore, before you leave in the morning, there is no real way to tell what setting the damn truck is in, unless you can ask the person that last changed it. So you are destined to start the run, then find 15-30 mins later that you have to change it mid route. On top of that, these thugs are nit exactly built with comfort in mind. It's not like on a cool day you can just turn the ventilation fan off and it will stay cool, these things are strapped with steel armor, and I would question if there is actually even a 1/16th inch of insulation in these hulls. The damn thing is basically a steel box. Add a bright sunny day and the damn thing is essentially an easy bake oven on wheels. Turn on the hanging wire fan and congradulations, you have upgraded to a convection oven on wheels.

All I'm asking for is two motorized valves that will turn proper depending on what setting you have the controls on. Or maybe plumb the thing so it's valves can be turned from inside the cab. Or design it any other way that allows sellers trasmitiom from a/c to heat. But apparently that's too much to ask from a piece of equient with minimum $85k initial price tag.

Finally let's tie it together. The weathers beautiful, who is seriously cold enough working in that oven already, to warrant turning the heater on? Maybe I am weird, but if it's over 72, I'm hot. I like it about 65, just fine. And if I'm being active at all, I like the 40 degree weather.

It's not even cold out is it? I mean, I'm not really mad nor can I blame a co worker because they like it more warm than I do, but damned if I'm not going to rant about having to screw with the truck to make the heater shut off so the a/c will work!

Latest posts

Top Bottom