“Show Ignored Content”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand that "youngest today" and "oldest today." I was born in 1946, thus, definitely Boomer, but the chart says the oldest today would be 72, yet I'm almost 78. Thus, I think the "youngest & oldest" is not currently relevant as the chart was created some time ago.
Those “oldest/youngest today” ages were probably accurate when the chart was published, which was in 2018, based on those ages. He’s talking about the overlap in ages between Xennials and Millennials, which is explained by Xennials overlapping both GenX and Millennial generations.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That may be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. I'd much rather there be better classes towards typing, shop, home ec, how to do taxes, how to recognize scams, and hundreds of other topics.

I learned cursive when I was in school, and IIRC I've used it precisely zero times in my life since then.
I use it every time I sign for anything. I used it when writing technical books for the government and every contract I’ve ever signed.
My block letters are a mix of cursive and stupid block letters which are typically illegible and functionally unreadable.
If someone can’t read my cursive, you’re illiterate and need schooling. Cursive has been around for centuries as the preferred method of writing. It’s only the new folks that apparently can’t decipher anything that’s not on a computer that has that issue of not understanding.
It’s time they learn. I applaud Stitts decision to sign that bill that OUR REPRESENTATIVES voted for and passed before getting to Stitts office.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party…..

I took a typing class in Highschool, I lasted about a month. It came so easy to me, by three weeks I could out type the Teacher. And I was such a disturbance to the class that the Teacher and Counselor gave me a A and asked that I don’t attend class! I can still burn up a Typewriter to this day.
Me too. Years of teletype had me at around 90 words per minute without looking at the keys.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ignore and Blocking on Social Media are features designed to cater to those who want to devoice others but lack the power to do so. On one growing Social Media Site I am on (not this one) Blocking is popularly used by progressive liberals. Last Fall I had gotten into an extensive argument with a clown on that site and decided to stop replying to the inane prattle of a progressive on gun control. He kept making himself look stupider with every post. He opened up chat to me since I stopped replying and chatted "Blocking me? That's a class act."
I replied back "No, I have read your posts I just choose to ignore them." His response back, "I HATE YOU." My reply "Oh no, I guess my Christmas Card list is going to be a tick shorter this year." Soon thereafter he quit the app or was banned, I suspect the latter.
I got banned for putting this picture up on neighborhood . It was titled, I have captured an illegal alien. Some goody two shoes reported me for non sensitivity toward the poor unfortunate aholes invading my country and I was banned. Screw em!

alien on my RING.jpeg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is where the topic takes a turn. Ya see @Buddhaman isn’t a boomer and @Mr.Glock can still out-type us all. I don’t think we should stereotype people.
Whew, that was tough. Had to remember to double space.
Just because I didn't say anything doesn't mean @Mr.Glock can type faster (or better, as in no errors in the allotted minute 😉) than I can. 🤗 But then again I typed all day every day for about 25 years. That was hell on your hands when all three was was a Selectric sitting at your desk. Those girls who used to type out legal documents on a manual typewriter have my undying respect.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just fyi guys ... And for the record, I'd date this fella ... ☺️🤭🤗

Everything is open for all to review, and to learn from.” "The 2022 Fastest Typist in the World is once again Erik Treider, aka 'shaz', from Norway with a 15 Second Burst Speed score of 217 WPM with 100% first-time accuracy and a 500 Word (2,500 Keystrokes) score of 175 WPM and 99.44% first-time accuracy.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say my handwriting about 80% of the time is only for me. It's fast, but mostly unintelligible for others.

Seems like most I see, myself included, write in a hybrid cursive-print mode.

When our current lot of teenagers write, they remind me of how a 5 year old prints. Simply because they haven't done it - everything is on a keyboard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom