100 yard 5-shot challenge / database

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rebel, the 4 of those 5 isn't terrible. Especially out of a .308 DPMS.

We'll call the 5th one a flier :)

I will see if I have an opportunity this weekend and will try and get a nice group for this.

I have posted this here before. After I shot this, I put the rifle up and haven't shot it since.

What caliber is this and what rifle was it that produced such a group? Maybe type what is difficult to read on the target?

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This looks fun! I may have to drag one of my K31's with me next time for comparison. I planned on a range trip yesterday, but didn't make it. Now I REALLY want to go today.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me say it again - I do not want to see BEST group, you can post it, but what I'm interested in is FIRST 5 ROUNDS.

We are constantly bombarded with "best of" in pretty much everything: everybody is "young", "fit", "tan", "drives a sports car", "shoots sub-MOA". We are under constant pressure to achieve un-achievable. Culturally we are trained to show our best side. I'm afraid 90% of people will be too embarrassed to post their groups because of this. Magazines and internet articles make us believe that every bargain bin rifle will shoot 1" - I want to show especially to new shooters that it isn't true, that expecting that kind of performance out of non-custom rifle is unrealistic.

I hope to see a lot of groups on here. I'm expecting to see very VERY few sub-MOA: mostly varmint and purpose built bench guns; but, hey, prove me wrong ;)

Everybody eventually goes to the range, rules are simple - man up and post up!

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/oneof79/IMG00032.jpg?t=1311037273

I have posted this here before. After I shot this, I put the rifle up and haven't shot it since.

Well - here is your chance to drag it out again - see what it does cold bore.

I got out and shot my rifle just for this. Don't make fun of my group I was proud of it . Measures out to 5.5" but before you laugh it was with a DPMS LR-308 18" barrel and standard A2 sights. This was the 3rd and best of the 3 I shot.

Thanks for sharing. Please post your first group as well.

I take it that you want full distance 100 yard shots? And not a simulated, reduced size target?

You got it, real 100 yards.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
of course everyone has kept their best 5 shot group targets from the past. maybe its just me, but id rather see some new 5 shot group targets with a picture of the gun that did it as well. it kinda gives a reason for everyone to get out and shoot soon. it does for me anyway. i think ill try to do some shootin tomorrow after work if its not windy.

I shot my target with 5 rounds for a contest on another forum. I fired one round as a sighter on another target because I'd never had the scope on paper before, just steel. The next five rounds you see on the paper. Just an average day with a 1x scope at 100 yards there.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot my target with 5 rounds for a contest on another forum. I fired one round as a sighter on another target because I'd never had the scope on paper before, just steel. The next five rounds you see on the paper. Just an average day with a 1x scope at 100 yards there.

thats pretty good, especially on 1x. i like the looks of that gun to. ive been wanting to get a single shot .204 like that. im gonna go out and shoot in a minute. probably take my AR with red dot and see how that turns out. might take my .308 as well, not sure yet. ill get a pic posted up on here this evening. but dont expect clovers! lol.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First 5 shots of American Eagle 7.62x51 OTM. First 5 shots of the day.

ai936.photobucket.com_albums_ad201_30BulletHoles_deer_20pictures_img_0171.jpg

DPMS LR308 Classic 7.62x51 chamber, SS Fixed 10x42 scope.

ai936.photobucket.com_albums_ad201_30BulletHoles_deer_20pictures_img_0173.jpg

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's up with the bird shot ... and what's under the quarter? LOL

Outta staples in staple gun so I used a recycled target that was already hung on the board. Quarter is for reference since I don't own a micrometer.

Side note I get about 2 moa with the german Weichkern surplus that I've been doing break in with, but the American eagle is the **** in that rifle. Haven't shot 175grn yet, curious to see what they'll do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom