1911 magazines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warmep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been bitten by the 1911 bug recently as well... are there any magazine manufacturers to stay away from? I've heard good things about Wilson and Mec-Gar

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As Mitch said, the 1911 mags may be universal but they may or may not work in your pistol. Wilson and Mec-Gar make good mags but so do lots of other folks. I use a lot of Chip McCormick mags with great success...same goes for Wilson. If you have a Colt 1911 don't run away from buying factory mags directly from Colt. They are good and very resonably priced. Regardless of what mags you buy try a variety of brands and types within brands to find out what your pistol likes. Good luck

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed - Wilson ETMs, 47Ds, or Tripp Cobra's.

*** save up for Black Friday - Wilson usually has pretty good deals on certain items. Stock up. Tripp Research, not so much but my older Cobra mags are like diamonds compared to even the latest ETMs for quality feel and finish.

CMC's were hit or miss.

Others to consider - Novak, DL Sports, Ed Brown?, MEC GAR

Just like AR's == getting harder to figure out who is manufacturing for who......

Latest posts

Top Bottom