1911 sucks videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you talking about the James Yeager vids? Does it have a wannabe bald dude wearing a douchey shirt?

Yes thats the guy. Like I said, he seems to be a knowledgable guy with a lot of years in training, but then he goes off on these rants about being battle ready and the fact that if any pistol isn't 9MM or .45 or Glock then it's useless crap.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes thats the guy. Like I said, he seems to be a knowledgable guy with a lot of years in training, but then he goes off on these rants about being battle ready and the fact that if any pistol isn't 9MM or .45 or Glock then it's useless crap.

You won't see him at any Mensa meetings that's for sure. Recently opened his mouth up, saying he'd start shooting people if legislation was passed and got his CCW revoked.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didnt watch the vid but my personal experience with MY 1911 left a bad taste in my mouth. It would jam more often and worse than any jennings, lorcin or hipoint. I had a springfield GI with 8 different brand mags, and shot 8-10 different brands of ammo and never found a combo that would get through more than 2 mags with out stovepipe or nose dive on feed ramp. Sent it back to springfield and when I came back with 4-5 adjustments and parts replaced I was excited, untill I shot it again, same thing all over. I sold that and got a glock and never looked back, my glocks and any I have shot run like champs.

shorton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didnt watch the vid but my personal experience with MY 1911 left a bad taste in my mouth. It would jam more often and worse than any jennings, lorcin or hipoint. I had a springfield GI with 8 different brand mags, and shot 8-10 different brands of ammo and never found a combo that would get through more than 2 mags with out stovepipe or nose dive on feed ramp. Sent it back to springfield and when I came back with 4-5 adjustments and parts replaced I was excited, untill I shot it again, same thing all over. I sold that and got a glock and never looked back, my glocks and any I have shot run like champs.

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Thats always a bummer when you spend that much money and something doesn't work, can't blame ya. I had always wanted a 1911, like a million other people, so I bought a 5 inch taurus a few years ago to start out. Shot hundreds of rounds through it and I was at the range one day shooting and it just quit ejecting the empties. Took it back to the place I bought it and they said the extractor was broken. Sent it off to Taurus, came back a few weeks later in perfect condition. Shoots like a champ now.
Right before Christmas last year, treated myself to a 3 inch Kimber Ultra Carry 2. Great gun, got it for a good price, shot like a dream right out of the box. I had heard from some people that I trust about guns that if you get a good Kimber it's really good, bad one is really bad. Hopefully I have a good one, seems to be so far.

I don't own a Glock right now, but I plan to purchase one in the future. Not really sure what I want yet and I have a few other guns I want first. Glock is definitely on my top 5 list though.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy cow! What an idiot!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...le-Obama-introduces-tighter-gun-controls.html

Watch the vid near the bottom.

CCW revoked...... don't call him a coward or he'll kill ya.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...gers-ccw-license-revoked-david-gregory-walks/

"Any of you homos touch me..... and I'll kill ya"

www.morethings.com_fan_bill_murray_stripes_bill_murray_stripes1981_1340.jpg

Coonskinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would argue that, when it comes to pure functionality, a Glock is a hands down winner over a 1911.

But there is just something difficult to describe about the beauty and shootability of John Moses Browning's greatest creation.

Nothng is more of a joy to shoot, IMO, than a nice 1911.

I plan to get a Glock sometime. I shoot them pretty well.

They just don't do anything for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom