2016 controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 0 experience with the controlled hunt. I have young ones too so I'll be putting in for nearby hunts.

So if you have 30 guys show up for a one day hunt, how do you hash out who gets what spot? How do I know someone won't be right on top of me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hunts at Salt plains and some of the other places I've hunted are parceled out by area. You may have 4 other hunters in your area. What I've done in the past is do some early scouting, and then meet up and have a gentlemen's agreement about who is going to hunt where. There is usually enough room in the zones that you rarely see the other parties.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 0 experience with the controlled hunt. I have young ones too so I'll be putting in for nearby hunts.

So if you have 30 guys show up for a one day hunt, how do you hash out who gets what spot? How do I know someone won't be right on top of me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got drawn for Lexington. Showed up 30 minutes early to sign in and was still about 40 back in line. Saw 3 hunters all day. I focused on walking as far from a parking area that I could.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the controlled hunt info page not being secure? My ebay, Paypal, etc all show to be a secure connection, but not the ODWC page. It's got a red slash through the lock at the top, and the SSN info block is red.

Latest posts

Top Bottom