2018 Great Crappie Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbowe91

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy at church caught 13 at the Shawnee Lake dock, not sure which one. They where smaller, but big enough to clean. Said they are coming up. I went last weekend to Thunderbird and action was slow. Caught a few off of the bottom. Cleaned enough for one meal.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We caught some yesterday in a smaller lake. The males were in 4-8 fow. The only female that was full of eggs was caught in 16'.
If the weather will stay warm, letting the lake temps pick up about 5 degrees, the females will start moving in to shallow water.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No crappie today. I have fished every weekend since the snow and haven' found any good numbers. The bass on the otherhand....jerk baits on the edge of the moss is dynamite! The water is so clear on our place it' a blast to watch!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No crappie today. I have fished every weekend since the snow and haven' found any good numbers. The bass on the otherhand....jerk baits on the edge of the moss is dynamite! The water is so clear on our place it' a blast to watch!
We slaughtered the bass last thursday while looking for crappie with tandem jigs. Crappie still deep, but the bass were shallow.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out yesterday afternoon until dark. After trolling around a while finally convinced the better half to do a bit of jigging. Ended up with 10 crappie fishing tandem jigs. All suspended between 5 - 8 in 15 - 20 feet of water.

Lake Texoma

Unfortunately, I leave for India again on Saturday, :scream:

Latest posts

Top Bottom