2nd largest lotto in history has one winner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
then start up some businesses to keep us all floating and solvent for the next 50 years or more (forever, hopefully).
I'd put most of it in one of my mutual funds and real estate. The growth from interest would generate over 50 mil. a year. Better than any business you could set up.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let's say the payout after all taxes is $250 million. Muni bonds. Decent rates, low or no taxes, insured. Safe as any investment instrument. With the intent to produce $1 million a month in free cash flow. Capital never gets touched.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't remain anonymous in OK. Sorry.
"In accordance with the Oklahoma Open Records Act and the Oklahoma Education Lottery Act, the name of any individual, corporation, partnership, unincorporated association, limited liability company, or other legal entity, and their city of residence will be made public. It is important for the public to know the lottery is run honestly. This way the public can be reassured that the prize was won by a real person."

Don't see why a LLC with a Trust couldn't claim the winnings.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be that guy...I'd pay off families debts...then tell yall to watch Barrett-Jackson this year.
It would be fun for a few years then I'd probably have to go back to work :D
Just being honest.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd put most of it in one of my mutual funds and real estate. The growth from interest would generate over 50 mil. a year. Better than any business you could set up.

The payout before taxes is $480 million. After federal and state taxes, it will leave about $250 million. In order to generate $50 million a year you would have to have 20% returns. Over the last 50+ years the S&P has averaged about 11%, and most of that is taxable. If you can average 20% returns, you're the Oracle of Oklahoma (with apologies to the Oracle of Omaha).

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be that guy...I'd pay off families debts...then tell yall to watch Barrett-Jackson this year.
It would be fun for a few years then I'd probably have to go back to work :D
Just being honest.

I would do my utmost to keep my wealth completely secret if i could.

Once word gets around that you've got a significant pile of money, people will start changing on you. You'll have to get paranoid and assume that everyone is just after your dough. because in 99% of cases it'll probably be true.

Former friends and family will show up at your door expecting a payout, your immediate family will turn on you cause you won't give them dough, there are horror stories.

and people will say up and down that their friends and family wouldn't do that to them, but money does things to people. It's like a drug.

Much better to be the anonymous, modest old man who secretly has a billion dollars in the bank than be the rich dude running around in a lamborghini. that's just me, though.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"In accordance with the Oklahoma Open Records Act and the Oklahoma Education Lottery Act, the name of any individual, corporation, partnership, unincorporated association, limited liability company, or other legal entity, and their city of residence will be made public. It is important for the public to know the lottery is run honestly. This way the public can be reassured that the prize was won by a real person."

Don't see why a LLC with a Trust couldn't claim the winnings.

It could, but you can't remain anonymous to the lottery itself. Plus it's pretty hard for trusts to sign the back of the lotto ticket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom