3-gun Competition Shotgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombiegirl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping to get a few suggestions. I'm thinking of getting into 3-gun and was needing some shotgun ideas. I have a couple in mind, but was hoping someone on here might be able to point me in the right direction. I have several guns, so I'm not new to the gun world entirely and don't really care about cost over quality. I'm leaning towards the Benelli but have read that I'll have to shave the barell down and some other mods. I do like the lightness of it though verses the FN.

Thanks

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You pretty much got the top brands in your comments. There are a few 1100's, Super X3's, and Browning Golds around. Pick what suits you best and go with that. Both are popular shotguns.

What you really did was open a discussion like 9mm V .45ACP tho.:rotflmao:

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am planning on 3 gun myself and asking the same question. While I would love to have a Benelli M2, I just couldn't come up with the cash so I bought a FNH SLP MK I. New it was under a $1000. Would still like the M2, maybe some day.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have the means by all means go with a 21" Benelli M2 with the comfortech stock. There is no better 3G shotgun period.

2nd choice is an M1, they are almost identical.

3rd choice is the FN. I like mine but really like the handling of the Benelli better. Another option is the SX3 winchester which is the same gun as the FN but lighter.

You might look at the Remington Versa Max but it's too new to say if it will hang with the proven ones in 3G.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been struggling with this question as well, I would LOVE an M2 but simply can't afford it; I'm in the used Rem 1100 or Mossy 930 price range. I prefer the controls and mechanics of the 930, however mossberg doesn't appear to make non-ported barrels with screw in chokes :screwy: so I'd be limited to open class unless I pay a smith to chop/re-thread the barrel below the ports. On the other hand 1100's are everywhere and pretty affordable. Decisions...

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Benelli M2 is the top gun for sure, but if on a budget look for a used M1 or a CZ 712 then have your lifter sent to C-rums to weld up the thumb nail ripper and you'd be good to go until you can budget the rest of the mods.

If going with the CZ, I can get you some springs that Will make it function with the light loads and recoil a lot softer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom