3 Pt. Quick Hitch for Tractor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've looked at a few of those. There are a LOT of people complaining those mechanical grapples are damaging their tractors so that's kinda scared me off of them. The problem with the JD attaching system is the pressure is applied to the mounting spuds where the lynch pins go thru. After just a short amount of time the loader attach points are breaking. It's not just one or two guys talking about it...it's happened to many users. I'm a little leary of them now. You may not have that issue with the Global/Euro system.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've looked at a few of those. There are a LOT of people complaining those mechanical grapples are damaging their tractors so that's kinda scared me off of them. The problem with the JD attaching system is the pressure is applied to the mounting spuds where the lynch pins go thru. After just a short amount of time the loader attach points are breaking. It's not just one or two guys talking about it...it's happened to many users. I'm a little leary of them now. You may not have that issue with the Global/Euro system.
I was about to post the same reply. The JD dealer tried to sell one to me and my research showed the same. Some discussion of on greentractortalk.com.

I bit the bullet and added 3rd function to my JD 4044m. You can do it yourself with a Summit or Long for about a $1k less.

EA and Precision Machine make good strong grapples made for your size tractor, but they are expensive. Two years ago the wait was 6-9 months, so I went with a CTA out of Wisconsin. Very well built and happy with it, but can't do the ground engagement that the more expensive ones can do.

Last edited:

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a fixed top hook Deere quick hitch bought new since about 2006.
Back then they was made in USA

Little more than a than a year ago, I was helping a buddy at a Deere dealer, and noticed the new adjustable top hook Deere quick hitch had a made in India sticker on it! ☹️ And priced double!

I have made some basic mods to a Ford hay rake, New Holland sickle bar mower, Allied back blade, Brillion sub soiler, 3pt log splitter, Shaver post driver, and a 2 row Deere planter to make them quick hitch compatible, while also retaining usability without a quick hitch.

My quich hitch is wore where the top link attaches.
Hopefully I get time to bore it out for bushings (and make the bushings) this winter.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have about 800 feet of driveway to maintain. A top & tilt out back would sure be handy. I don't have a grapple but that's on the list, too. I always run out of money before I run out of wants...
FWIW, Tractor Mike sells a “diverter” that will give you the 3rd function up front from the loader’s hydraulics.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got tired of climbing on and off the tractor when box blading, so I put this Top and Tilt setup on my 2009 JD3032 3pt several years ago. Sure helps when maintaining a crown on a gravel drive. Digs a pretty decent shallow ditch, too. Combined with a bucket with a thumb, makes a pretty good all around tool. Last summer I (carefully) loaded, trailered, and restacked several surplus OG&E 25'-30' telephone poles with the bucket/thumb, but I did need to grab them close to their balance point, ha. Love the thumb, huge backsaver.

https://www.greens-machine.com/catalog/i4.html

Attachments

• PA090002 ..JPG
    PA090002 ..JPG
    582.8 KB · Views: 0
  • PA090003 ..JPG
    PA090003 ..JPG
    549.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PB230026 .JPG
    PB230026 .JPG
    346.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: