4473 for an individual

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you believe in individuals requiring 4473

• YES

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • HECK NO

Votes: 49 98.0%

• Total voters

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no problem doing one but I am sorta like some, I don’t know the gunshop, the person selling the firearm has 2-3 posts on here. I’ve been here since 07’ and have never asked or been asked to do one. I really want the handgun but I also want to keep my information from people I don’t trust. I buy from one dealer and that’s it, I know his beliefs and they match mine and have been dealing with him for a very long time so I trust him with my paperwork.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have no problem doing one but I am sorta like some, I don’t know the gunshop, the person selling the firearm has 2-3 posts on here. I’ve been here since 07’ and have never asked or been asked to do one. I really want the handgun but I also want to keep my information from people I don’t trust. I buy from one dealer and that’s it, I know his beliefs and they match mine and have been dealing with him for a very long time so I trust him with my paperwork.
If you must have the gun, and the buyer must have it transferred, and you are willing to transfer it into your name, have the seller meet you at the FFL you trust to do the transfer. The dealer alone will see your information, not the seller.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your personal information is no one elses business really. If someone does not feel comfortable about selling it he can request to do it through an ffl. And its your choice to want to hassle with that or not.

But, I won't be filling out many forms for some yahoo in a Kroger parking lot that's for sure.

Last edited:

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make this short before i journey up north.

Anyone ever been asked to do a 4473 by an individual? Any reason why or why not?
I have never or been asked so by a non FFL.
If I’m going to drive to them and have to fill out paperwork then I’ll deal elsewhere or they can ship it to my ffl

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won a raffle of a S&W Patrol Rifle from a chamber of commerce. They had already purchased the rifle from a dealer in their town so somebody had already done a 4473 for that purchase. When they notified me of winning, they asked where I wanted to do the exchange so they could do the paperwork to transfer it to me. I chose a local Tulsa gun store where I had purchased before and met them there. They arrived early and were told by the store they would not do another 4473 as it was not required by law. I knew that but was ready to do one. The info in this thread about the FFL having an option of doing a 3d party transaction was news to me. The chamber of commerce ended up just taking down the info on my DL for their records.

Latest posts

Top Bottom