This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot the Grendel too but my AR shoots the black box ammo better than the brown box.
Too comfortable to go look now but I’m thinking the black box is the ELD match and the brown box is the SST’s?

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot the Grendel too but my AR shoots the black box ammo better than the brown box.
Too comfortable to go look now but I’m thinking the black box is the ELD match and the brown box is the SST’s?

Yes. The ELD-M *can* be effective, and is actually extremely effective on critters like coyotes. However, I still have reservations about that bullet's effectiveness if you're trying to go through a lot of bone (scapula for example).

Not the 123, but I've shot about a dozen coyotes now with the 130gr ELD-M out of a 6.5x47L. It kills like a lightning bolt...However, every quartering to (or long wound channel) shot has almost zero exit wound...maybe just large enough to have squirted the core out the offside. 6-8" and the exit is massive. 10+" and you get an ice pick exit. 10" is enough to get you through the vitals of a deer broadside...but not so much a hard quartering shot.

It breaks coyote spines just fine. But again, I'd choose SST all day, everyday if I were trying to through the shoulders and into the spine of big deer or hogs. I know for a fact that the SST makes short work of both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom