• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

South East OK 7.62x54r Romanian PSL-54C (Romak-3) Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paranoia

Marksman
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sub Category
Rifles
Is this item for sale?
  1. For Sale
Sale Price
2000$
Caliber
7.62x54r
Durant/Atoka/McAlester/Hugo/Idabel/Broken Bow, 74743, Idabel, Oklahoma, United States
Cleaning out the gun safe. Available for sale is a 7.62x54r Romanian PSL-54C (Romak-3) rifle made by Romarm SA/Cugir, imported by Century Arms International. Original description was listed as Romanian Dragunov Sniper rifle. I purchased this in 2008 and it has primarily set in the safe since then.

The gun is a previously issued service rifle, therefore not in perfect condition. Has light wear from handling and use. Comes with issued Romanian LPS 4x6 TIP-2 scope, 2 10-rd magazines, leather sling, mag pouch, scope cover, CAI manual, rubber butt pad for a ~1/2" longer stock, and cleaning kit. The bolt, bolt carrier and dust cover are all matching part numbers. The spring guide assembly is a different part number. Has some rust where the spring assembly connects in the bolt carrier (see pics). The bore, rifling, and bolt face are all in great condition. The scope is no longer self-illuminated, as expected over time. More pictures available upon request.

I'm an OK resident, but primarily work out of state. Am currently in Oklahoma and can meet in person for a face-to-face sale to an OK resident in the general area of Durant/McAlester/Broken Bow/Hugo/Idabel/Atoka until June 19. After June 19, it would require shipping from an FFL in Virginia to an OK FFL.

Attachments

• IMG_E7940.JPG
    IMG_E7940.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_E7941.JPG
    IMG_E7941.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7935.JPG
    IMG_7935.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7934.JPG
    IMG_7934.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7936.JPG
    IMG_7936.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7923.JPG
    IMG_7923.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7928.JPG
    IMG_7928.JPG
    936.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7921.JPG
    IMG_7921.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Paranoia

Marksman
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, I never got to really test its accuracy. I took it out once for a function test and rough sighting at really short distances. The second time I remember taking it out was with a friend with access to a long range. I was shooting somewhere at 100 to 200 yards. I didn’t have a copy of the manual for the scope. It was the only rifle I took and I shot multiple strings through it both adjusting the scope and just having fun. Accuracy wasn’t that great. I was using whatever com-bloc ammo can I had open at the time. Later reading indicated I probably got the pencil barrel too hot. It’s not really designed for high volume fast fire. Life circumstances changed right after that and I never got to dial it in.

Functionally, the rifle and mags were flawless. After each range session I doused the gas system, barrel, and bolt with extremely hot water to dissolve any corrosive salts from the surplus ammo before cleaning and oiling.

My gun and shooting preferences have changed now, and I need to free up some space and funds for other wants.