9 yr old grandson's 8 point

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need more info,weight, how far, what kind of rifle and caliber......You get the jest.
Thanks. Weighed 125lbs. 40 yard shot with a .243 Savage Axis. Shot through right shoulder, destroyed lungs and left shoulder. Deer ran less tha 50 yds. We are already munching on jerky.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll chime in since I was with him
He is my middle son Coy
We had a doe bust us about 15 min before due to me having to leave the stand to use the restroom, then just got settled back in and at 4:30 this guy stepped out at 40 yards it think he spotted us moving in the blind but not sure he was standing slightly quartering to us and he put a great shot right in front of his rt shoulder and the .243 broke the left shoulder but didn't exit. Deer ran about 30 yards and piled up.
Funny thing is I don't think Coy realized it was a buck before the shot, when we walked up to him he said, dad there's a buck right there and I said yes that's your deer. He got even more excited at that point.
It was a great hunt. My dad and I have put in a lot of time trying to get this spot just right for my boys and niece and it has really worked out this year my niece shot her first deer (7 pt) and Coy took this one, his 4th deer and second buck this one is his biggest by far.
Savage axis .243 Winchester whitetail loads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
awesome, my grandson went a couple times and decided he wasn't a hunter. oh well his little sister has been talking about it so maybe i'll have a hunting buddy yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom