9mm 124g or 147g

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
arent most guns designed around a 124gr bullet? I think I read that somewhere but am not 100%. Far as your question. You can get a better range of velocity from 124's. You can slow them down or speed them up, got to watch 147's a little more approaching max load of fast powder. just my .02

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried and tried 147 in factory and Lone Wolf barrel - couldn't find the accuracy with different loads, read somewhere something about wrong twist etc.
124s shoot much better in both barrels.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Little gun tech: The longer and slower the bullet, the faster twist needed in the barrel to stabilize the bullet.
The 9mm luger cartridge was designed over 100 years ago for the 124gr bullet, and any 9mm pistol will shoot them.

Some use heavier bullets loaded slow to make minor power in competition and you just have to try the specific bullet in your gun to see how it works.
However, the 147gr loaded minor in a G34 has been done successfully more than once.

Latest posts

Top Bottom