am i the only one that likes a pistol grip shotty?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
every time i go shoot i make sure and take my maverick 88 12g with a pistol grip. it is a very fun gun to shoot for me and i love let other guys shoot it as well just to see their reaction.
I know i am about to get told that it is a poor choice for home defense weapon but I have to disagree!
I was just wonderin how many others prefer the pistol grip setup?
BTW thye 3" slugs aren'tquite as fun but everybody ought to do it at least once.WOOOHOOO!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
am i the only one that likes a pistol grip shotty?

Pretty much. I just can't see any need for it when you can, if necessary, put a folder or collapsible on one. A straight pistol grip shotty is severely restricted on capability.

I have a folder on my Tromix 8" amd I've yet to shoot it even once with the stock folded. Someday I will just for training in a restricted space environment, but that's it.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried a Benelli a while back that had a pistol grip (still had the buttstock though) and while I thought it was OK I didn't rush out and buy one.

My choice for a shotgun has always been Mossberg, primarily because of the tang safety. A pistol grip on a Mossy looks like it would make the safety awkward to reach at best and difficult to impossible at worst.

If I was inclined to go with a 870 or FN or something along those lines for a HD shotgun I'd probably go for a buttstock with a pistol grip.

I also don't see why anyone would think a Mav 88 was not adequate for HD. Looks gtg to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom