America has an economy converging rapidly on full employment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that's OK rickn .. I won't hold showing your ignorance against you :D
economics is not Fox news .. hard economic data has nothing to do with party affiliation or what you think of pot ...

Absolutely agree 100%...but very often, "hard" data is not. It's been proven time and time again that the folks in control, of either party, can and will stroke data to produce the image they want to portray. Unemployment data is just one such number that frequently gets adjusted and manipulated. (not passing judgement on the article either way, just pointing out that "data" often doesn't equal "fact" or "truth" when dealing with hot topic issues like unemployment and the economy)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh good.... that article clears up mounting debt and an artificially inflated dollar due to nearly every other major country in the world having significant economic issues.

Hate to wilt the roses and the economy isn't horrible, but it could be leaps and bounds better, and we still will have some major issues to tackle coming forward. Not that this administration has the will or capability to set forth any sustainable or significant economic policies.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh good.... that article clears up mounting debt and an artificially inflated dollar due to nearly every other major country in the world having significant economic issues.

Hate to wilt the roses and the economy isn't horrible, but it could be leaps and bounds better, and we still will have some major issues to tackle coming forward. Not that this administration has the will or capability to set forth any sustainable or significant economic policies.

more ignorance showing up .. but that's OK. it's really the exception for someone like myself who has an interest in economics.

fact is despite the Feds printing up $$$$ billions and billions of USD in the form of continuous qualitative easing or a fancy way of saying F##kyou to the rest of the world. normally every time the Fed prints up $$$billions and billionis more USD, this dilutes the value of other holder's of USD.

instead the opposite has happened .. the USD just keeps getting stronger and stronger.
say what you will but America is one of the only major power who'd economy is getting stronger and stronger.
but still the risk of the rest of the world dragging USA down cannot be discounted.

even Germany who's the strongest of Eurozone is borderline not growing at about 1.5% GDP. rest of Eurozone is close to deep trouble, China's growth has slowed down .. Canada our neighbor is doing fine which is not surprising since their economy piggybacks on the USA's economy.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
more ignorance showing up .. but that's OK. it's really the exception for someone like myself who has an interest in economics.

fact is despite the Feds printing up $$$$ billions and billions of USD in the form of continuous qualitative easing or a fancy way of saying F##kyou to the rest of the world. normally every time the Fed prints up $$$billions and billionis more USD, this dilutes the value of other holder's of USD.

instead the opposite has happened .. the USD just keeps getting stronger and stronger.
say what you will but America is one of the only major power who'd economy is getting stronger and stronger.
but still the risk of the rest of the world dragging USA down cannot be discounted.

even Germany who's the strongest of Eurozone is borderline not growing at about 1.5% GDP. rest of Eurozone is close to deep trouble, China's growth has slowed down .. Canada our neighbor is doing fine which is not surprising since their economy piggybacks on the USA's economy.

You should stick to pot threads.

The economy is slowly doing better but full employment is at the lowest point in decades. The only reason the unemployment numbers look decent is because millions have given up on finding a job and have dropped out of the work force. Most have applied for disability which is why those numbers have skyrocketed. The stock market has climbed because the rich are getting richer. In the meantime the poverty level is higher then it has been since the start of the war on poverty.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should stick to pot threads.

The economy is slowly doing better but full employment is at the lowest point in decades. The only reason the unemployment numbers look decent is because millions have given up on finding a job and have dropped out of the work force. Most have applied for disability which is why those numbers have skyrocketed. The stock market has climbed because the rich are getting richer. In the meantime the poverty level is higher then it has been since the start of the war on poverty.

more ignorance showing but that's not surprising especially coming from rickn :D

apologies to everyone else but rickn as my comments about ignorance is not really meant to be insulting.
it's a fact there are not very many folks interested in economic enough to track it everyday.
but economics is getting more and more important as world events has the potential to have an effect right here in the USA.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe everything will continue to look very rosey. Untill a Republican takes office. One month later is all we'll hear from the alphabet news agencies is the economy is going to hell in a hand basket and it's the Republicans fault.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe everything will continue to look very rosey. Untill a Republican takes office. One month later is all we'll hear from the alphabet news agencies is the economy is going to hell in a hand basket and it's the Republicans fault.

again .. politics has nothing to do with economics .. note the source of data in OP came from the Economist, which is the most respected source of economic news in the world. all world leaders are subscribers without exception.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
again .. politics has nothing to do with economics .. note the source of data in OP came from the Economist, which is the most respected source of economic news in the world. all world leaders are subscribers without exception.

I'm not commenting on economics. I'm commenting on how the preception of such is manipulated.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2014 was one of my best years, but Im just going to be waiting on 2016 for now and hope 2015 hurries and goes on by. 2015 is going to be a sucky year for me if oil continues to go down further and or stays down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom