American Craft Beer or Regional Beer??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm starting to enjoy the qualities of craft beer. No I haven't left my American whiskey or bourbon, heck I've taken a few tours of some distillaries. No I haven't left my standby, go-to beers(Coors, Pabst,Lonestar).

What I am slowly enjoying are the many models of beer....especially "craft/local" beer.

Here's what I'm drinking so far:

Santa Fe Pale Ale
Serria Nevada
Ommegang....Hennepin & Three Philosophers
Left Hand......Milk Stout
Moose Drool
Rouge Dead Guy Ale
Pittsburgs, PA......Iron City(have had this for years off and on)
Choc...yep, Kerbs own.

Post up some other Craft/Local American beer you recommend or states that have some good brews.

Will do some horse trading for Dogfish Head 60/90/120 minute IPA....not available here in Okie land.

Cohiba

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try Tower 10 and Tower 20 IPA from the Karl Strauss brewery.

The Shipyard IPA I think is from Maine maybe. All the stuff from the stone brewery. Don't forget about the stuff from the COOP Brewery in OKC.

If you really like the hoppy bitter taste step up and get an Arrogant Bastard. It crosses the line for me, but my BIL thinks he is to good to drink anything less and swears by it.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great Divide Titan IPA, Red Hook ESB and Longhammer IPA, boulevard farmhouse ale.

I could go on for days, but those are some of my favorites.

marvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deschutes makes some good ones, Agreed on the Stone's (Ruination is awesome), Lagunitas. Don't remember who makes it but Hop Stoopid is really good too.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goose island, Brooklyn (specifically the local 1 and black chocolate stout), Avery, Anderson valley (the IPA is very drinkable), (not american but westmalle tripel, Sam smith (nut brown is awesome))

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a six pack of Dead Guy Ale, after sipping the first bottle I couldn't pour it down the drain fast enough. The remainders sat in the fridge for over a year before I poured them out. Not my kind of beer. I will go back to my Blue Moon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom