Ammo Crazies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long till ammo will be back on the shelves?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 6 more months. It is not the ammo grabbers but is the amount the distributers cane get wholesale and get it to the public. Problem is the amount each store can get in each shipments and it is not enough.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a ammo shipment at the lacal walmart today, found it by accident, just trying to walk thru SG, I say trying but with 20 people piled up at the ammo counter all yelling for ammo, it was difficult...

Did my shopping then went out to truck, decided to go back and scope things out, there was a empty cart empty boxes everywhere and one frazzled SG manager...LOL

We got to talking and she asked my if I needed anything, well off chance got any 9mm left, yes 3 boxes, if you want them get em now..before the buzzards return..

I went ahead and got them, and no 25-06, she said thing is about that, I never sold much of it, now I cant even keep that on the shelf...crazy..

Hi Power Okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the gun control legislation virtually dead, it won't be long until the ammo and gun manufacturers catch up to demand. I was at Cabela's in Rogers, AR last weekend and they seem to think it will get better soon. They had a lot of guns, but were still out of the popluar calibers of ammo (.223, 9mm, .22lr, .38 Special, etc.). I hit up a few Wal Marts while there and was told it is becoming more and more available in some calibers. They had a ton of .45acp in stock and some .40SW. A Walmart employee told me they received a whole pallet of 9mm last week but it was gone in 6 hours. He said they haven't had that much 9mm in one shipment since last fall.

If you look for it, it is out there. I scored 200 rounds of Herters .223 from Cabela's this morning online using gunbot. With shipping it was $.40/round. Not the best ammo, but something to go to the range with.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think we have a few more months of scarcity. The biggest issue that we face is the steady climb in price. Any ammo that I've been finding on the shelves is 10-15% higher than Pre-Sandy Hook.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I've heard, it'll take 'til August for the manufacturers to catch up to current demand. Given that the big boys either been running 24x7 or adding shifts to get there, that sounds like a reasonable estimate. With the announcement of Feinswine's bill not being included in the Senate's "gun control" bill, the panic should subside and demand should start moving back towards normal, so I'd guess supplies will start returning to normal in August or September--but you never can tell.

As the great philosopher K said in Men In Black, "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." You never can tell what they're going to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom