Ammo tests through simulated pelvic girdle, upper abdomen and thigh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They all kill.
.25 ACP has killed a lot of people.

They have killed a lot in return before secumbing to their wounds.
Central nervous system hits are the only way to "drop" somebody, something.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Sure a shotgun is much more powerful but it's also a long gun which is a liability inside a structure due to the ease in which you can be disarmed or disabled moving through doorways and around corners even using the best methods known. It's also heavy, has very limited capacity, and much more difficult to reload" Limited??????? My 1911 = 7 round mag + 1 up the pipe. 870 18" barrel = 8 in the tube + 1 in chamber. It IS longer and heavier. BOTH are by the bed. Home defense, middle of the night; 1st get shotgun, call 911, listen and wait. Don't need sight, across the bedroom that 1 5/8 oz of HV 7 1/2s will turn whatever it hits into hamburger. Short of a zombie attack, cannot foresee needing more than 9 rounds. If so, wife reloads while I use the .45ACP. When the time comes to leave the bedroom, agree, it will be the 1911, not the 870, filling my hand. Limited to only 1, I will take the 870 every time.

"Why not use a dead pig" Congress has a good supply to draw from.
Many on here will suggest bigger shot in the shotgun. I would go with at least #4 buck.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great video, I love to see more realistic scientific ballistic tests. I'd definitely like to see some more calibers/bullet types.

I think the most interesting difference is between ball ammo in the pistol calibers, versus newer defensive ammo. At the low velocities found in pistols, the ability of a bullet to transfer as much of its limited energy into the target is paramount to both bullet weight and velocity. It seems modern bullet designs are getting better and better at doing this across all calibers.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with M193 is the variability in neck length. Since there is no requirement for this distance in the specifications, some rounds will exhibit a neck length of 0-1" and cause utter devastation in tissue. Others will simply put a .22 hole in tissue and penetrate through and through.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"If you've had a simulated pelvic girdle surgically installed and are now having nightmares, jungle rot, and nosebleeds...call the law offices of.................."

Latest posts

Top Bottom