And the new hotness in blades is...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...gussied up utility knives?

The Reate Exo-U gravity knife is pretty nifty, and at $77 is almost $200 less expensive that the least expensive "normal" Exo, but I did hear of one interesting use case for it and the Civivi. If you're flying commercial airlines, take it without a blade, so it's not a "knife," buy cheap utility knife blades at your destination, then when it's time to fly again, pitch the blade in the trash and have it not be a knife again.

Personally, I don't fly, so I don't know if that would actually fly, so to speak.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They take away fingernail clippers, so don't know if that would fly either.
Might be OK for a utility knife as most knife owners just use an inch or less of their knives to shave a thread from a shirt or trim a fingernail.
It wouldn't "fly" for a defensive knife. Danged sure cut the heck out of you and maybe bleed out but remembered a story about a lady that got stabbed over 50 times with a knife and survived.
The blade was 2" long. The story said 2.5" was the length to be fatal to reach the vitals. (unless one is a large person, I guess)
If one got into the femoral artery or Carotid artery, I guess it would be different. Then it's seconds.
I fly a lot. Transport guns in my check-in for domestic flights. Knives suitable for things other than opening a box can be carried as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom