annoying gun range in Choctaw??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two things for sure Quail Ridge is shotgun only.
If there's something in Choctaw it's not the Pottawatomi's.
I have confirmed both of these statements.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, still waiting for the op to post an accurate address? Then, worth finding out if it's on private or trust land, city or county. Even in rural areas, I think there's a 150 ft distance from property border for shooting.

OKTribalCop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Potts don't own a range; neither does the Absentee or the Kickapoo. I think they all qualify at Practical Shooting in Mcloud. The Sac and Fox is the only tribe out east that has their own range. I pretty sure that is south of Stroud on Hwy 99.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, still waiting for the op to post an accurate address? Then, worth finding out if it's on private or trust land, city or county. Even in rural areas, I think there's a 150 ft distance from property border for shooting.

Quail Ridge Sporting Range is the name and it is in McCloud. My buddy lives off of NS Co Rd 332 (south McLoud Rd) just East of Wes Watkins reservoir, south of McCloud.

He can hear shooting going at all times of the day. Sorry my OP said Choctaw.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, I guess in Choctaw the Indians (Pottawattamie) built an outdoor shooting range. Apparently, since its on Indian land there was no notification to nearby residents (some of whom are right across the street) and noise is now a huge problem. Anyone know what the deal is, why was there no notification, isn't some type of noise abatement taken into consideration? My buddy has lived out there for years and now has to hear guns going off all night. He owns and shoots guns himself, but will refuse to give them business.

I don't know how he can hear shooting from there all night. They're only open till 5pm/7pm

HOURS
Tuesday 9:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Thursday 9:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Friday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Saturday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 A.M.
Sunday 1:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M
Quail Ridge Sporting Clays
2401 S. McLoud Rd
(Hwy 102 North)
McLoud, OK 74851

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how he can hear shooting from there all night. They're only open till 5pm/7pm

HOURS
Tuesday 9:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Thursday 9:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Friday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Saturday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 A.M.
Sunday 1:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M
Quail Ridge Sporting Clays
2401 S. McLoud Rd
(Hwy 102 North)
McLoud, OK 74851

don't kill the messenger. Thats probably posted PUBLIC hours. I'm sure his buddies buddies can come and go as they please as long as visibilty remains true.

Latest posts

Top Bottom