Any credit gurus here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
4 years into my marriage we found our self's about 36k in credit card debt, we had two car payments and our house....before our 8th year of marriage passed, we paid every thing off but our house. I left a job working for OU, and took a contractor position at the VA, this was a risky move... OU was a good steady..mostly safe job. The contractor job paid 30% more, and I knew it was a risky move...anyway it lasted long enough to get us debt free. I am now going back to college we are paying cash each semester...I am also working odd jobs to supplement my wife's income..so far this is working...

We will never crawl into a bankers pocket again..God willing

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And don't buy that BS line that the only way to succeed in this world is with debt... The only way to live as a truly free man.. is to be free from your master..card,,, okay Im done..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only graduated from school 7 years ago. When I was a junior I took a personal finance class. It was a joke, just an optional class, and the only thing they taught was how to balance a checkbook and using a calculator and making a budget. Schools don't make it as big of a deal as they need to, and I would love it if they made more of a series of classes, just to introduce the ideas of investing, budgeting, interest, bank accounts, real life applications of money and how it impacts people and the economy. These things were never even mentioned, and I had to learn about them after school on my own. They are things that fascinate me and are great things to know, but are ignored in school.

Your absolutely correct. There is more to basic finances than balancing a check book.

I was married right after high school, and raised by my parents to save cash and pay for what you want. My first wife was raised on a checkbook and when the well went dry her parents filled the well. She had no clue about financial responsibility and it was one of the contributing factors to the divorce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom