Any guys here clean guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow..those '97's have more tiny parts and gee- haws inside than you can shake a stick at. Brownells and the other supply houses sell screw driver sets for the odd screws John Browning used in that shotgun.

If I had one that was locked up with dustbunnies and dinosaur crap I'd probably shuck the butt stock and hang the action in a vat of mineral spirits or Transmission fluid for a long week end and have at it later.

It's amazing how bad some of those old guns can get.. and still work after a little TLC goodness comes their way.

Yeah, you're right about that. He didn't exactly master that whole tool-less break down until the 1911. :)

I actually did something similar to what you said... only I stuck as much of it as I could in my ultra sonic cleaner for a while. After about 5 minutes, it broke loose enough that I could break it down.

You would be surprised what you can do with sound waves. :) My father in law, who is even more of a tightwad than I am, brought me a set of pliers he found under the spare tire in a car he bought many years ago that had been sitting for years. These things were welded about half-way open and we couldn't budge them either way. 5 minutes in the US cleaner with the heater turned on and it turned out that the handle was green and they worked like new.

Why in the world he never threw them away in the beginning I'll never know. :)

The US cleaner works pretty well for barrels after running a bore brush though them to loosen everything up... the come out literally spotless. Another couple runs of the bore brushes and a little Hoppes, and it's a brand new barrel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom