Any Sig mechanics on OSA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Sig Mosquito that won't hold the slide open. With an empty mag it stays open, but as soon as the mag moves down for removal it moves back into battery.

The slide hold back lever won't hold the slide back unless it is held in place by my thumb.

Not a big issue, but I would like it fixed.

Thanks

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't have this problem, but I still have misfires with every box of Minimags I put through it. I'd sell mine if I didn't promise my brother he could keep it until he gets his own. Eek.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the end of the catch where it hooks on to the slide is rounded or bent. If you were to look it may only take a slight tweak to the end to make it catch better or a small file to put a hard edge back on it if you want to try DIY.

Was told once that its better to pull the slide back with a full mag in or no mag at all to drop the slide down rather than to touch the release lever. Was told that the lever edge can wear or bend causing it to no longer catch properly if at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom