Anybody else get a weird state tax rejection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What pisses me of the most is the IRS taxed me on what I received as a refund on my 2011state taxes!! Hey a$$es!! I already payed taxes on my income and you over taxed me!! It's not extra income!! It's the income I should of had in the first place!!

I feel your pain brother and don't even get me started on ordinary vs passive income!!!! I get so freakin mad every year I can't see straight and I've got one of the best accountants in the country. Our tax system is so screwed up it's not even funny and the idiots in DC want to tax us some more and close some "loopholes" so you and I can't save a little money on our investments, etc. But....the idiots think they are entitled themselves and immune to the laws they place on us!!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What pisses me of the most is the IRS taxed me on what I received as a refund on my 2011state taxes!! Hey a$$es!! I already payed taxes on my income and you over taxed me!! It's not extra income!! It's the income I should of had in the first place!!

Double taxation. There should be a law against it like double jeopardy.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me help you out with this. If you itemize your deduction you get to deduct from your federal income the amount you paid to Oklahoma for state income taxes. The IRS does not know if you got a refund of an amount you got to deduct. So the next year you get to pick it up as income. If you didn't itemize, you didn't deduct state taxes for federal purposes, therefore your state refund is not taxable. it isn't double taxation.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I filed mine with turbo tax yesterday. I haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully it goes smooth. Last year it only took about 7 days to get it deposited in my bank account. Hopefully it does t take a lot longer this year. I'll let you know what they say.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me help you out with this. If you itemize your deduction you get to deduct from your federal income the amount you paid to Oklahoma for state income taxes. The IRS does not know if you got a refund of an amount you got to deduct. So the next year you get to pick it up as income. If you didn't itemize, you didn't deduct state taxes for federal purposes, therefore your state refund is not taxable. it isn't double taxation.

I know it's not double taxation, it just feels like it. Actually feels more like a rectal exam, but hey, their the government and there here to help right?

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You recently received this rejection message from us: "This state return was rejected because the federal taxing authority rejected the federal return." This was a processing error on our part - no change to your state return is needed. Please resubmit your state return for processing, if you have not done so already. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Just got that in an email. I have so much Turbo Tax back tax information I hate to switch to a less douchey company. Big decisions to make ;)

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Due to late changes in the Tax law, most Tax software needs to be updated before they process returns....even the software used by the IRS...this is not that uncommon, though it does seem to be a little worse this year than usual.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a text yesterday from turbo tax saying my federal was accepted early and my state is still showing pending. State usually is accepted before my federal. Something is screwy this year.

Filed Sunday and got same message...TT says that most states won't start processing until 2/1/2013.

Latest posts

Top Bottom