Anybody know of a good mechanic to work on an old jeep?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMLoftis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fuel system is an inline was included with te Howell system , part number PN FP 257, I reused most of the factory fuel lines except for about a foot and half and I believe that is 3/8" or whatever fit over the factory line but I'm not sure if that would be too much?

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
you've probably either got a vacuum leak or your map is hooked up to ported vacuum not full manifold vacuum. barring either of these, I'd guess the chip is burned to run rich given Howell's history.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a buddy who owns Madison Motors over in Bethany...he works on about anything and he is REAL good with fuel injection stuff because he specializes in corvettes, GM LT1/LS1/TPI swaps, upgrades, etc...He has the Snap-on diagnostic equipment and knows a lot about fuel injection. I think he recently put an LT1 in a Jeep, perhaps with aftermarket injection like Accel. Anyway, I have no stake in the business, but because I know the guy is honest and has always been able to help me and talk turkey when it comes to fuel/air ratios, custom PROMS, etc. then I am recommending him. Just if you call, ask for Brandon..you would want to deal directly with him and tell him about the Howell and and stuff. Good Luck. That is my 2-cents.

upnover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
samsoffroad in tulsa, we install howell kits regularly on 258's, and also do small block chevy engine swaps using a tbi kit, call 918-446-5535 ask for rick or john.

Latest posts

Top Bottom