Anybody shoot Rimfire matches??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone here shoot any Rimfire matches. I am planning on shooting my first one next month up in Pryor at the NSSF Rimfire match.
Was wondering what type of 22 pistols and rifles everyone uses.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to shoot smallbore rifle silhouette I shot a anschutz 64 for a while then I started just shooting local and switched to my Remington 572, I tried to shoot pistol matches but I suck with a handgun.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year, I competed in IHMSA small bore, using a Contender with a match barrel and Williams/Merit/Martens sights. But, my work schedule has gotten so crazy that I may not be able to do the matches this year.

ramseeker1.jpg

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot a lot of steel challenge. I shoot a ruger 10/22 with a red dot and my buck mark in the pistol iron sight division. It's alot of fun. I've gotten a few new people into shooting by bringing them with me to the matches and then they are hooked. Even my liberal mother in law loves shooting my buck mark at steel!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wanting to get a new rimfire rifle but can't decide between the Ruger 10/22 or the M&P 15-22lr. I've heard great things about both. Thoughts????

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot both. Both are great. I just prefer my 10/22 over a 15-22...get your hands on one of each if you can and see what suites you best. Can't go wrong either way because I see super fast times in steel challenge at USSA done with both rifles.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Gieselle S3G in my 15-22 and boy does it rip. I love it. I know Volquartsen and Kidd make nice triggers for the 10-22. I almost want to build a complete custom 10-22 but I have no need. Mine runs more reliable than alot of customs I see. Both are great guns. That trigger was the only thing I've done to mine as well as adding a Primary Arms red dot.

img3801pn.jpg

You know it looks cooler! I mainly shoot steel at the Oil Capital monthly match. Anyone is welcome to try it if they see me out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom