Anybody trout fishing yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are any of you guys trout fishing yet? I have been watching the fishing reports, and I have been wanting to go fish the lower Illinois, but it kinda looks like hit or miss right now. Went to Pretty Water last year and finally had a good day and caught 32 trout! I don't know what made that day any different than days before though, cause I have fished that place 30-40 times, with a very occasionally fish here and there...

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problems are getting a good place with the crowds. I fly fish and go during the week. Went a couple weeks ago when it was windy and cold and only saw 3 people. I've caught fish . Went last week and had a good day. I'd say go.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CCC Lake in Perry is on my "to-do" list this week.

Never fished it, but we did drive around it last year on the way back from OKC. Do you have to pay the $5 a day to fish?
The money isn't an issue, just want to make sure when I get there that I follow the rules.
When the trout were stocked at Pawhuska lake, they waived the fishing fee.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never fished it, but we did drive around it last year on the way back from OKC. Do you have to pay the $5 a day to fish?
The money isn't an issue, just want to make sure when I get there that I follow the rules.
When the trout were stocked at Pawhuska lake, they waived the fishing fee.

There is a daily fee. There is a drop box not too far past the entrance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom