Anybody want to live with hippies??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
*fingers crossed*

EARTHSHIPADREPLY.JPG

Wish me luck with my new family guise!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they mean pets that are animals that are commonly eaten in our culture. Not that they want to eat meat. If you're a dirty ass hippie you don't mind living with cows, sheep, pigs, etc.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think most of these folks could really "sustain" themselves on their own, not nearly as well as many of our country-livin' folk.

Notice, they're paying all kinds of lip service to it, but they do live in a major city with access to anything they might need to make them feel better than their neighbors. A true eco-freak would eschew all these city conveniences and establish a compound in the boonies.

It's been my experience that these are the people that are most prepared, even over the "country folk." I know people in OKC who are like this. A lot of people in the country have a very solitary attitude and their idea of community is their neighbor who may be 10 miles away. Ultimately, the key to survival is not only preparedness, but also a strong and willing community and numbers count. Even here in OKC there's a strong "keep it local, buy local, support local" attitude and most people I know who live downtown and midtown buy their food from farmers markets, eat at locally owned restaurants that buy local produce, and buy crafts and arts made by local crafters. I know hippies here who have their own water collection system, wind and solar energy, and have stores of food and water and have more diy type crafts and hacker/maker type knowledge that would put some survivalists to shame.

And hippies may be about peace and brotherhood, but you're in for a rude awakening if you think you're going to just storm in and take their stuff rofl. Most will not hesitate to use a hatchet on your face if needed and most I know do own firearms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom