Anyone Diagnosed With Afib?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was recently diagnosed with Afib. Retaining water in lungs and around heart it seems causing shortness of breath just walking. I've been a heart patient for 21 years now but so far it's always been an artery blocked. Stents plus bypass surgery so this is a new one. I was put on lasix and elliquis and and scheduled to have a cardioversion on Apr 3 to try and shock the heart back into rhythm. If that doesn't work then I think they will want to do an ablasion. My cardiologist said it is pretty common around age 70 and I'll be 69 later this year. I think there might be some older folks here so does anyone have any experience with this kind of heart problem?
My cardiologist fired me 😁

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting old is not for sissies, I've always heard...lol...
I'm 80 now, diagnosed with Afib in 2019.. Two days after the diagnoses I had a heart attack, Dr put in 1 stent. Had to wait 30 days on Eliquous before he would do a Cardioversion. Miserable 30 days, couldn't breathe well...
Had another episode of Afib last year, got another Cardioversion. Dr says if I have another episode he will do the Ablation procedure...Dr says I will be on Eliquous the rest of my life...I could buy a couple of guns each year with what I spend on that drug...But I am alive!

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
73 here Dr Abu Fadel On a bipap Pacemaker installed 2013 Have an appointment to discuss ablation in May Am on eloquis and amlodopine heart meds Just stopped the amiodorone

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife developed a fib about 5 years ago at 73, 2 shocks, 2 ablations and then a pacemaker 2 years ago, been doing fine since then. Highly recommend Oklahoma Heart

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed with OHH. Good place for heart patients.
Also recommend Integris Baptist heart center if you have CHF, pulmonary hypertension, need LVAD or Transplant care.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed with OHH. Good place for heart patients.
Also recommend Integris Baptist heart center if you have CHF, pulmonary hypertension, need LVAD or Transplant care.
ditto.....as the EMS was loading me in the ambulance with my AF episode and ultra fast heart rate I told him I preferred the Heart Hospital just a few miles away....He said they were diverting due to ER being full.....I said if he was going to take me to ************* ( hate to bad mouth online) I'd just climb back out of this ambulance. He said he could over ride......waited in the hallway for 1/2 hour at the Heart Hospital for an ER room to be available.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Completely agree! I want to know what they put in the water at Oklahoma Heart (southside at least), everybody has been great! It is like the Chick Fil A of hospitals, everyone is nice, and the doctors have been great!

I have two cardiologists there (I am an overachiever). Both are way better than first cardiologist I saw at another place, and then of course the interns I see at the VA. (VA is paying for me to see OK Heart which is why I still go to the VA, plus provide my Eliquis and Diltiazem.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom