Anyone have any luck recently fishing on Texoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wanting to go fishing with my family this weekend at Texoma. Is anyone having luck with any particular lure or bait?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks bassin. I've fished with guides in the past using shad, and one guide we did catch and release with sassy shad lures for a bit too. I've got some sassy shad, and crank baits ready to go. Hopeful we get on some this weekend.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thread fins are hard to come by right now so if you are looking for shad expect gizzards. Umbrella rigs and chartreuse sassy shads are good now with a decent top water bite too. Lots of people are buying "black saltys" in place of thread fins.

moller72

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't find shad anywhere a few weeks ago we had to go with some black salty's had a bunch of jug lines out caught about a 8-9 lb cat on one we were catching a bunch of gar on those also.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did it go? We didn't get to fish at all this weekend but I did see a couple "boat shows" south of the hwy 70 bridge.

We ended up not getting to fish at all the storms Saturday night kept us in, and only my dad and I wanted to fish Sunday morning. We decided to not do it and just hang out at the beach with my niece and nephew. Had a great time though! I might try to make it down on fall break.

jhoppis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get all the shad you want at newberry creek early morning or in the mouth of the river by oil wells in 8ft of water in middle of the day. and I am talking several hundred shad every time you throw the net. Fishing has been great down south by burns run early morning on the river ledge in 30-40 ft water evenings I would fish table top in 30ft of water drifting

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get all the shad you want at newberry creek early morning or in the mouth of the river by oil wells in 8ft of water in middle of the day. and I am talking several hundred shad every time you throw the net. Fishing has been great down south by burns run early morning on the river ledge in 30-40 ft water evenings I would fish table top in 30ft of water drifting

Thanks Jon!

Latest posts

Top Bottom