April 8th eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody else think the response the government is putting out in the local media about April 8th seems a little off? It's a stupid eclipse. They are acting like a solar flares gonna emp everybody. Why the hell do we need to stock up on 2 weeks worth of food, a full tank of gas, ECT.. they are bringing in the national guard and also I hear the brought in 20 some odd scientists in fields of nuclear biological and chemical agents...

I get it the tourism thing but uh.. something don't seem right with this. Psyop?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody else think the response the government is putting out in the local media about April 8th seems a little off? It's a stupid eclipse. They are acting like a solar flares gonna emp everybody. Why the hell do we need to stock up on 2 weeks worth of food, a full tank of gas, ECT.. they are bringing in the national guard and also I hear the brought in 20 some odd scientists in fields of nuclear biological and chemical agents...

I get it the tourism thing but uh.. something don't seem right with this. Psyop?
Astronomical events have been making sane folks crazy, and crazy folks crazier for centuries lol.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First Full Eclipse I ever saw was age 4. My dad used multiple black slide negatives for a slide projector to view it, I remember it to this day. Nothing crazy happened. Have never heard of National Guard Being Called up either, as well as never heard all the warnings they're giving about having water, food, etc.

I do wonder though, many have solar, could a break from thousands of homes providing solar at the wrong time of day cause issues with the grid (theory.) Eclipses do have religious meanings as well (Islamic Terrorism Perhaps?)

I am seriously doubting any issues with communications, solar eclipses although they do not occur here that often do occur all over the world without affecting communications, yet they are suggesting one have alternate communications devices like radios instead of relying on your cell phone.

Solar activity is higher this year, but the moon blocking the sun shouldn't exacerbate the issue.

This leaves "other" far out theories, such as an astronomical body not normally seen visible that NASA hasn't told us about could induce fear in the populace.

Here's one even wackier somewhat based in fact. Centuries ago early astronomers reported seeing lights on the moon! A modern interpretation would be aliens are on our moon. That could induce panic as well. Is there something regarding extraterrestrials our government isn't telling us?

Something's up. "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K..."

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It’s as simple as small towns with little to no infrastructure being inundated with thousands of tourists. It’s a good thing they’re planning ahead. Better to have resources available ahead of time.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, where did you hear:

"brought in 20 some odd scientists in fields of nuclear biological and chemical agents..." - sounds like N.E.S.T (Nuclear Emergency Search Team) which does have a civilian element.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, where did you hear:

"brought in 20 some odd scientists in fields of nuclear biological and chemical agents..." - sounds like N.E.S.T (Nuclear Emergency Search Team) which does have a civilian element.
Iv had a few ppl mention this to me as well
It may be something on social media

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Iv had a few ppl mention this to me as well
It may be something on social media
They are talking about the National Guard’s Civil Support Team. Members of Oklahoma’s team was put on standby.

The CST’s primary mission is WMD incident response but they are also postured to provide general support to civil authorities for large scale events/disasters either man made or natural.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom