AR 15 new build issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
dont be test chambering rounds in a gun you just built ANYWHERE but the range.
Ive seen some stuff, man. And some things.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It should be tight if it is a new BCG. If the action cycles smoothly without a round, but is hampered when a round is chambered you really only have three areas to look at. 1. Either the chamber is tight or the round itself is out of spec. 2. There is always a possibility that the extractor is messed up and the groove where the rim of the cartridge is too shallow which causes the extractor to stick out when a round is seated and impinges on the chamber locking lugs.

Im not trying to be an ass here, since I have no idea about your level of expertise so bear with me. when you say the round slides in with no resistance, are you sure the round is fully in the chamber? Can you push it with your finger and seat it further?
the round fully seats and slides out easy. but I will check it again when I get home... I will running the whole thing up to FBT this evening to make sure its not something I have done during the build... I am leaning toward the BCG being a bit off or something like that.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the round fully seats and slides out easy. but I will check it again when I get home... I will running the whole thing up to FBT this evening to make sure its not something I have done during the build... I am leaning toward the BCG being a bit off or something like that.

Thats a good plan. Let us know how it turns out.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
took it over to FBT and the chewed on it a while. turns out it was the chamber.... FBT hooked me up with a new barrel.. FBT rocks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom