Are we simply broken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You either stand on your own 2 feet or you lean on a crutch. I’ll keep standing as long as I can.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I didn't express myself correctly. I wasn't saying tobacco smoking was harmless. But while promoting the dangers of smoking tobacco we are at the same time legalizing the smoking of marijuana which is also harmful to lungs.
The only real reason Oklahoma is legalizing marijuana 'WEED" is for the tax money, they our states leaders don't give a damn about anyone health and they really care less about any childs health.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it somewhat ironic and comical how pot heads love to criticize others as not being experts on the effects narcotics have with long term use and its benign qualities. I've yet to met any long term marijuana user who is the sharpest pencil in the cup and there's ample scientific research that validates the jazz cabbage damages cognitive ability / lowers IQ , and has significantly more carcinogens than good old fashioned tabaccy.

Before someone goes on about muh liberty, that is fine liberty entails being responsible for yourself and the consequences of your actions . I've seen numerous examples of long term drug users who end up on the public dole after they are too much of a train wreck to take care of themselves.

Let's have deeper conversation and say sure you can have legal recreation drugs, but you are not getting public assistance if you are a user.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, it is all about the money

Actually there are a lot of economic indicators at this point demonstrating tax revenues collected from legalized weed in states which have had it long term is but a tiny percentage of their budgets .

Oklahoma collects exponentially more tax revenue from other sources , go look it up if you don't believe me .

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Author it’s far more than lungs as it starts with one’s heart and all that he medical issue it develops because of smoking

Good Luck later on the people i worked with were all around 65 when ther lung problems started to show signs of a problem.

Well, I may be an exception. We had our annual "wellness check" for Medicare about a month ago and all my test results were "normal." And, I'm only about 3 months away from being 77 years old, so I guess I better start worrying about my "lung problems."

However, I really don't seem to have any issues with lungs other than my weight makes me breath a little heavy after some "strenuous" activity.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it somewhat ironic and comical how pot heads love to criticize others as not being experts on the effects narcotics have with long term use and its benign qualities. I've yet to met any long term marijuana user who is the sharpest pencil in the cup and there's ample scientific research that validates the jazz cabbage damages cognitive ability / lowers IQ , and has significantly more carcinogens than good old fashioned tabaccy.

Before someone goes on about muh liberty, that is fine liberty entails being responsible for yourself and the consequences of your actions . I've seen numerous examples of long term drug users who end up on the public dole after they are too much of a train wreck to take care of themselves.

Let's have deeper conversation and say sure you can have legal recreation drugs, but you are not getting public assistance if you are a user.
Are there any other circumstances you'd use to eliminate the distribution of other people's money?
(drinking, smoking, unwed mother, felon, hair too long, house too dirty?)

I'd end all of the income redistribution. I'm an *******, not a hypocrite. Let people make their own choices, let people keep their own earnings.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are there any other circumstances you'd use to eliminate the distribution of other people's money?
(drinking, smoking, unwed mother, felon, hair too long, house too dirty?)

I'd end all of the income redistribution. I'm an *******, not a hypocrite. Let people make their own choices, let people keep their own earnings.

Actually yes I would end it for 90% of everyone since you ask the question . Like Hayeck I recognize there are some who through no fault of their own simply can't support themselves . Everyone else needs to be responsible.

The realities are social entitlement programs (and yes that includes Social Security) are never going away. However they should be trimmed and curbed to the bare minimums

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1676394300807.png

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I may be an exception. We had our annual "wellness check" for Medicare about a month ago and all my test results were "normal." And, I'm only about 3 months away from being 77 years old, so I guess I better start worrying about my "lung problems."

However, I really don't seem to have any issues with lungs other than my weight makes me breath a little heavy after some "strenuous" activity.
Praise the Lord as He is involved. Hey Good

Latest posts

Top Bottom