Ares armory granted restraining order against ATF.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to ask though.

ATF is claiming that these receivers are actually firearms
ARES is claiming that they are in 80% mode.

They are plastic/resin lowers that have to still be "machined"
The difference is that they areas and amounts that have to be "machined" are a different color resin than the finished product.
The idea is that this makes it easier for the end user to make a nonserialized firearm on their own.

ATF's position is that these receivers are actually firearms first, due to the different color resins.

So, my question is this: What is the process that they go thru to get these receivers?
And I'm guessing that this is what the case may hinge upon.

IF the receivers are first cut/cast/extruded as a full receiver and THEN the different colored resin is added to take the receiver back "cosmetically" to the 80% configuration, then I have to agree with ATF on this one that these are firearms first.

IF there is a way that they are made where the two different resins are injected/molded at the same time, then I agree that they are 80% blanks.

I think that this will all depend on the manufacturing process and which comes first.

Dave

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the filler is cast first, the receiver is cast around that.

atf got a warrant today, apparently. hopefully ares purged their customer records already.

Latest posts

Top Bottom