Attacked at home by Angry Mob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so I'm a little slow here...are you recommending, in your scenario where they are armed and firing on you, non violence? In your version of events how would not defending yourself makes the sitation better or safer for anyone in the house?

No, my point was that I got the impression some folks would expect to be able to empty a shotgun or AR or whatever, then reload or grab another firearm - all without interference. That may not play out as one might expect at a shooting range where the targets don't shoot back, attack you, or grab for your firearm. So all this talk about having multiple weapons or magazines loaded and ready to go might be better spent on talk of training and drills.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The impression I get from several of the folks in this thread is that as the homeowner, they'd mow down everyone that entered the house, then dust themselves off and wait calmly in the ensuing silence for the police to arrive and tidy up things. What if the mob is shooting back and hit you? What if you miss and someone gets a hold of you or your weapon? Or one of your family members is wounded or worse, killed? Then all this talk about emptying your firearm and reloading or going for another firearm would be rather moot.

Mobs, by their very nature are cowardly. They will inflict violence on the weak right up to the point that they meet heavy resistance. I doubt you'd be able to hit more than two or three of them before they scattered like cockroaches when one turns on the light. If a mob broke down the door to my home, I would fire at will till no active targets remained. As the head of my family, that is my duty.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, my point was that I got the impression some folks would expect to be able to empty a shotgun or AR or whatever, then reload or grab another firearm - all without interference. That may not play out as one might expect at a shooting range where the targets don't shoot back, attack you, or grab for your firearm. So all this talk about having multiple weapons or magazines loaded and ready to go might be better spent on talk of training and drills.

Ah...yeah I can agree with that...if the mob is determined enough to push forward against incoming fire odds are good that you're not getting time to reload without lots of planning, help and luck. I think most people are expecting that once you open fire the mob will retreat...

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my master plan would be to strip nekkid spatter my body in red paint and raw hamburger put a shotgun in one hand an AR in the other kick down my own door and scream "My Xbox is Broken! I need Violence!" and run into the mob screaming...

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Perplexed said:

This is why we should all have a prepared set of firearms. I have a select few that have mags loaded and ready to go. All you need to do is slap in a mag pull the charge handle and your good to go. Unless there is 50+ people I have enough loaded to handle it. Being injured is a whole other scenario

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why we should all have a prepared set of firearms. I have a select few that have mags loaded and ready to go. All you need to do is slap in a mag pull the charge handle and your good to go. Unless there is 50+ people I have enough loaded to handle it. Being injured is a whole other scenario

My primary HD is a G-21 loaded with 18 230gr Gold Dots and 2 extra 17 round mags. Secondary is a 14.5" AR with a Surefire 60 round mag, loaded with 58 Mk 318 Mod 0 SOST rounds. Both wear Surefire lights and I train with both. However, my best defense is living where the odds of having a mob attack my home is about as likely as getting hit by a meteor.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My primary HD is a G-21 loaded with 18 230gr Gold Dots and 2 extra 17 round mags. Secondary is a 14.5" AR with a Surefire 60 round mag, loaded with 58 Mk 318 Mod 0 SOST rounds. Both wear Surefire lights and I train with both. However, my best defense is living where the odds of having a mob attack my home is about as likely as getting hit by a meteor.

I find that is a good key, I also live in the middle of nowhere, if a mob were to show up here I'd know they were coming well before they made it to the front door, I doubt most people would be interested in coming to the front door after hearing and seeing the 7 mag shots from the kitchen window. I think thats a good deterrent, but if its not myself and the pump 12ga will be sitting on the couch in front of the door waiting on them to come right on in. I feel at that point either it's them or me, I'm going to die or they are going to die so I might as well be prepared and do my best. Of course this scenario is extremely unlikely and surely won't play out the way I would expect.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mobs, by their very nature are cowardly. They will inflict violence on the weak right up to the point that they meet heavy resistance. I doubt you'd be able to hit more than two or three of them before they scattered like cockroaches when one turns on the light. If a mob broke down the door to my home, I would fire at will till no active targets remained. As the head of my family, that is my duty.

This right here is exactly my thoughts.

I wouldn't ever put myself in a situation where I live in and around the slums where this scenario would be likely to happen though...

Latest posts

Top Bottom