Attempted shooting of pastor in PA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That guy didn’t seem very intent on shooting, because he hesitated. It looked to me like he let himself be taken down.
My question is if you’re an armed church member, do you shoot the gunman in this situation or let him shoot first?
“I” would hesitate to shoot until after the guy discharged his gun first. :anyone:

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been struggling with that too. In this case, nobody had to die, so that's great. But I would hate to hesitate when I could act, then an innocent DOES die.

I agree that this guy didn't look very intent, but I think it's tactically and probably legally sound to shoot.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great question, retrieverman. Hell, I could argue/alibi/advise two different ways at least. Here in Oklahoma, the Cleet Armed Security Guard class (back in 1995), taught one of the legal use of deadly force was to prevent a violent felony. The instructor droned on about “reasonable suspicion” and how the courts would weigh “what would a reasonable person do?” Does bellowing out, in a commanding tone, “ Drop the weapon!”ever get results?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom