Audit: $2B in Iraq funds unaccounted for

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[An investigation by the Special Inspector for Iraq Reconstruction found about $2 billion in Iraq-related funds cannot be accounted for.

The Iraqi government gave the U.S. Defense Department $3 billion in 2004 to pay bills but the report says only about $1 billion can be tracked, CNN reported.

"From July 2004 through December 2007, DoD should have provided 42 monthly reports. However, it can locate only the first four reports," the audit found....]

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...ed-for/UPI-15401327864494/?rel=24481362577184

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two billion? No shi+? Is that all? I was afraid we were burning real money over there.

That was all we're being paid back ($3B - and we lost $2B of it). It's like loaning someone you screwed over in the past (but haven't seen in a while) like $10,000 and them paying you back like $3.75. If you lost like 2.50, nobody would really give a crap.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My memory of the whole thing is a little hazy. Withdraw by August 2003 sweets and flowers oil revenues cover most everything. American taxpayer only spends one billion. That's how I remember it.
Two billion no big whoop. Drop in the bucket. At least now them people over there are free. And if the freedom project came in a little over budget, well, who is gonna put a price on freedom?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My memory of the whole thing is a little hazy. Withdraw by August 2003 sweets and flowers oil revenues cover most everything. American taxpayer only spends one billion. That's how I remember it.
Two billion no big whoop. Drop in the bucket. At least now them people over there are free. And if the freedom project came in a little over budget, well, who is gonna put a price on freedom?

Pictured below, Ignert:

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom