Bad experience while gun shopping in Lawton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipissexcellence

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in Lawton and was recently back there and was doing a little gun shopping, Stan's is a junk shop and Stan is a Jerk. Where is this Ausley's and On Target you speak of?

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in Lawton and was recently back there and was doing a little gun shopping, Stan's is a junk shop and Stan is a Jerk. Where is this Ausley's and On Target you speak of?

I remember On Target being a mom/pop FFL out of true home. They did have a showroom near the dollar cinema, but she was selling nighthawk/Wilson 1911's, M1G/M1A's, and some high end black guns back then. I dealt with them for a few things, nice people.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ausley's is more of a cop supply shop, but they have a dozen handguns, typically a little on the high side, rest of the place is cop gear, & some seriously old shelf stock. The owners wife is really nice, & the owner has his moments but for the most part he is a good guy. Just think he deals with a lot of jerks, so he has to warm up to you a bit before he is Mr. friendly. Its on C and 21'st I believe, but it pulls right up on google.

On Target is over on Ft. Sill Blvd, right by the big Uhaul location, little towards the base gate from there. Super nice people, he is FFL/Gunsmith. I got to put hands on his personal carry piece, & I was impressed by the action, smooth as silk, crisp as glass. The also only have a couple guns, but prices don't make you feel like you took crazy pills.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On Target is the old Uncle Sam's gunsmith now in business for himself:

On Target Gunsmithing
1906 NW Fort Sill Blvd
Lawton, OK 73507
(580) 699-7599

Ausley's Law Enforcement is at:
1014 SW D Ave, Lawton, OK 73501
(580) 248-0828

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another "the drive to Duncan to visit Murf's is worth it" post. Murf's has been around since I was a kid ... My mom's pet shop was right next door to their store back in the day ... I miss being able to go over and have a pop with the guys. Granted, it's probably a different bunch of guys now ... lol

kriket1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the shops in town are garbage,except for uncle sam's. Pawn and gun. Asle's (sp) ripped me off in 08 during the panic buy. I ordered a colt 6920 payed upfront $1400 then when i go and pick the rifle up it's a ****ing dpms sportacol x-( he said itwas all he could get. So i asked for my money back and was told no. So i asked for store credit and was told no. So i got stuck with a $1400 pos .i will never do business with him again.action pawn sells over priced garbage,and ruthless tuthless as rude and un knowledgeable as it gets.i haven't neen to the new gun smithing shop yet, bit i had some work done buy the guu wen he was at uncle same's and the work was less then satisfactory. All three times i used him i had to go back and have it done properly. As well as leaving tool marks and scratches all over my nrand new upper,as well as the slide on my glock. So i wont be using him again. But this is just a sample of one so make up your own mind.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prices are high everywhere, yea not many places to Look (fondle) guns around here.
Too many knuckleheads that rackem and dry fire them, but the owner should have broken it down for you.
Action Pawn has a guy in Altus that buys all the glocks , m&p ,xd's that come , so he doesnt get to keep them very long.
Is SMF Solutions still open in Duncan , Police Officer owned ,they were starting to carry some guns. (not cheap im sure) but reasonable.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the shops in town are garbage,except for uncle sam's. Pawn and gun. Asle's (sp) ripped me off in 08 during the panic buy. I ordered a colt 6920 payed upfront $1400 then when i go and pick the rifle up it's a ****ing dpms sportacol x-( he said itwas all he could get. So i asked for my money back and was told no. So i asked for store credit and was told no. So i got stuck with a $1400 pos .i will never do business with him again.action pawn sells over priced garbage,and ruthless tuthless as rude and un knowledgeable as it gets.i haven't neen to the new gun smithing shop yet, bit i had some work done buy the guu wen he was at uncle same's and the work was less then satisfactory. All three times i used him i had to go back and have it done properly. As well as leaving tool marks and scratches all over my nrand new upper,as well as the slide on my glock. So i wont be using him again. But this is just a sample of one so make up your own mind.

I can't believe you let a shop screw you over like that. Did you have a receipt for your payment up front?

Latest posts

Top Bottom