Bad experience while gun shopping in Lawton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I must be the only one who thinks that it ought to be perfectly clear and approved before taking a firearm apart.

I will tell you that in my experience as a buyer, I would never attempt to do that unless I specifically asked to do so and probably after I had already established a little rapport with the seller.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the on target guy. He replaced a sight on my FS92, did a real nice job. As far as pawnshops, frogs is ok. I have not been in frogs sense the panic hit. The rest I would not buy from. Stan's has always been odd, I would not of purchased it either.
Have you ever looked at Danny's guns in Duncan? He can normally beat muffs prices.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I must be the only one who thinks that it ought to be perfectly clear and approved before taking a firearm apart.

I will tell you that in my experience as a buyer, I would never attempt to do that unless I specifically asked to do so and probably after I had already established a little rapport with the seller.

If you read the original post, you'll see i clearly stated that i am not looking for you to critique, as you weren't there. I asked about times you have had a bad reaction in a gun shop & how you handled it.

Also, (this is why I don't care for the comments of ppl that weren't there) I did clearly state that I was going to take it apart, right after I stated that I would buy it pending my looking at the internals.

kriket1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the shops in town are garbage,except for uncle sam's. Pawn and gun. Asle's (sp) ripped me off in 08 during the panic buy. I ordered a colt 6920 payed upfront $1400 then when i go and pick the rifle up it's a ****ing dpms sportacol x-( he said itwas all he could get. So i asked for my money back and was told no. So i asked for store credit and was told no. So i got stuck with a $1400 pos .i will never do business with him again.action pawn sells over priced garbage,and ruthless tuthless as rude and un knowledgeable as it gets.i haven't neen to the new gun smithing shop yet, bit i had some work done buy the guu wen he was at uncle same's and the work was less then satisfactory. All three times i used him i had to go back and have it done properly. As well as leaving tool marks and scratches all over my nrand new upper,as well as the slide on my glock. So i wont be using him again. But this is just a sample of one so make up your own mind.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You didn't really ask to field-strip the gun...you asked to inspect it for wear..you can do that without gutting the thing on top a store's showcase. I would expect about any gunstore employee would react about the same. Not proper gunstore etiquette...ask the guy that owns the gun at the moment to strip it down if he will...if he won't...I wouldn't really expect him to allow you to.

He doesn't know you from Jack...and has no idea if you are able to strip a Glock and put it back together!

He cannot read your mind either...more than one gun has been 'inspected' by a customer and later been found to be missing parts...it just ain't a cool thing for a gunstore to have customers..potential buyers or otherwise taking apart the goods...

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you read the original post, you'll see i clearly stated that i am not looking for you to critique, as you weren't there. I asked about times you have had a bad reaction in a gun shop & how you handled it.

Also, (this is why I don't care for the comments of ppl that weren't there) I did clearly state that I was going to take it apart, right after I stated that I would buy it pending my looking at the internals.

I read your original post.

Evidently it wasn't clear to the owner what you intended to do. Is that his fault or yours?

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in and near Lawton for many years. Always said the local economy was based on legal prostitution--screw everybody once as they pass through.

You can see at least one business in the OKC area with the same philosophy--Gunworld. Like lots of Lawton businesses (to be fair, not all of them), they prey on the inexperience (and to be fair, the arrogance) of young people in the military. These are young men and women in their first good job, and on their own for the first time. Many of them tend to affect knowledgability in the weapons arena when they don't know squat. Easy marks.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I can see your point on manners, but what boggles the mind is why the guy behind the counter didn't just offer to do it for him. I can understand as a store employee some guy comes off the street and you don't know him from adam, and he could field strip the gun and send parts all over the floor. BUT he is running a business and if someone wants to look at the internals of a gun, then just dissemble it for the customer.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is SMF Solutions still open in Duncan , Police Officer owned ,they were starting to carry some guns. (not cheap im sure) but reasonable.

SMF Firearms Solutions is still open. Today was their 4 year anniversary, but I didn't make it down there for the celebration. They are a little low on stock right now (just like everyone else). They did get their 03 SOT and are carrying suppressors now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom