Bears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This bear was #20 checked in yesterday, and there was one other bear in line behind it. From what I understand, they didn't close the season this morning though. Don't know that is the official word, but the recording at 6:30 am this morning gave a green light. This one was a 460 lb hoss taken by a 13 yr old boy with a compound... at 5 yards. If that don't get your blood moving, I don't know what will. Me and the boy's father just got done skinning it and got the meat on ice. It is going to make a nice full mount, perfect hide, no rub marks or anything else.

[Broken External Image]

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This bear was #20 checked in yesterday, and there was one other bear in line behind it. From what I understand, they didn't close the season this morning though. Don't know that is the official word, but the recording at 6:30 am this morning gave a green light. This one was a 460 lb hoss taken by a 13 yr old boy with a compound... at 5 yards. If that don't get your blood moving, I don't know what will. Me and the boy's father just got done skinning it and got the meat on ice. It is going to make a nice full mount, perfect hide, no rub marks or anything else.

[Broken External Image]

Wow... nice bear and what a great experience for that young man!

keystone1974

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow that's cool... Bought a tag the first year. Saw two bears on public the year before. No luck. The bears killed last year and this year I bet are 99% Baited..

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that "word is out". It will be a long time before muzzleloaders see a chance again, unless they up the quota. I think the first year was a "fluke" because people simply weren't aware of a bear season even ongoing. People know now and start baiting/preparing months in advance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom