Best Interest rates or Investment ROI?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me there are some basic ways to make money: work hard for it, inherit it or be given it, win it, hustle for it, pimp for it, build something and sell it, buy something and sell it for profit to someone else, be smart enough to figure out how to make money with money, or steal it.

You can probably get better info from Google leading you to investing info than a gun forum.

Im kind of an idiot so my system likely only works for other idiots.

Bank rates suck. My bank has a interest bearing checking account that pays 2% up to 15k max, thats still double a regular checking account at less than 1% or even a short term CD, I keep about 14k in one and then have a cash back rewards checking for debit card use. CDs are slowww and low, check out the different types of rates. Money market funds are ok I guess for some. Not a bad place tho to park some cash while youre trying to figure it all out, just not gonna get richie rich there.

Real estate is work. And money. Big money makes big money tho and little money works too hard for too little to make it worth it, for some. Best if you can get involved in higher quality properties.

I buy and sell things to make money on the side like: cars, vintage guitars and gear, etc. Hobby money. Cars are work but you can make some money on them, alot of enthusiasts out there these days lookin to buy. (I didnt list firearms because I dont know enough about firearms resale to do it for profit, I do it for my personal satisfaction, unlike some other people reselling ammo and "NIB" stuff).

High Yield investing is big money, big risks.

Slow and let it roll stock investing is preferable to me than day trading. I dont know enough about it to be good at it plus I just dont have the time it takes to devote to it. Some day tho I plan on taking the time to learn it and really get into it, thats when Ill likely do more of my own day trading. Im for sure not into quick results right now tho and havent been the last 25 years or so Ive been in it. Im only 47 I figure I have the time to wait it out a bit longer than some who are impatient or older or smarter. Whatever. Takes having the mindset I guess to understand that its money you cant mind tying up. Like my wifes 401k but I pay my taxes now, or quarterly.

Out of all of my stocks my main #1 stock my father left to me in 97' when he passed. He had some other stocks that we all split but this one in particular was special to him, he recieved it for being a consultant for a company. Being divorced a few times and my sibs all being nutsazz crazy he just left other stuff to them and he left me this one company stock he had. I have had it ever since adding quite a bit to it over the years and its been a slow but steady climber and totally worth the wait now. No crazy climbs or dive bombs over the years at all- never sways more than a few points either way and hasnt since Ive had it. Weirdly it split too right after I got it and hasnt since. He left me shares at 56. it went to 60. then split, after the split I had double shares at 30., now its at 283.69 today. Adjusting for inflation and cost of living increases over the years it has done pretty danged good. It didnt really bother me much until it went over 100 about 4 years ago and stayed there, thats when I kind of got scared and almost pulled it, its been over 200 now for 2 years and Ive been a nervous wreck sometimes when I see bad stock news on TV. Those arent Berkshire Hathoway prices but to a lil fish like me its a lot of dough. I have about 8k shares. I dont even think about it tho until tax time comes. My mom keeps me chilled out, shes a retired banker who now has a home business helping elderly with their investments so she takes care of my money too, and some of her clients have some really big bank. And we argue, shes smarter than me about it, Im an idiot remember, but I like to buy stuff that I actually use myself, like: Sonic, UPS, Walmart, etc. When shes buying me GE, etc.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You and I are somewhat polarizing, I'll agree.

The reason that I balked on Dennis' VLKAF (and wasn't a jerk about it until his response was that I didn't understand the Market) is because others may read this thread looking for knowledge and I didn't see him provide any reasoning - and now, he is just deflecting and taking a defensive stance on a bad opinion while trying to undermine me.

It's fine...anyone on here that knows personal history of both Dennis and I will know who to believe when it comes to Investing.

I'm living in your head aren't I? Admit it.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom