Best light weight pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the price, you can't beat a Kel-Tec P-11, Picked mine up new for $260, probly can't get one for that now, but they are still cheap and mine will go bang every time if you keep it clean.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
keltec's have horrible triggers and heavy recoil why would anyone recommed them to women or beginners is beyond me. only + i can see about kel tec's is they're cheap. you get what ya pay for

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Browning High Power, Glock 19 and Kel-Tec P-11. The Browning is the easiest to shoot, heavy but lightest recoil. The Kel-Tec is the lightest and smallest but not real fun to shoot. Glock somewhere in the middle... Wife doesn't like shooting any of them but she can at least tolerate the Browning. She carries a 32 Baretta Tomcat.

Let her make the decision, makes for a happier wife and we all know if Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
He didn't say she was a beginner, just his wife. My wife handles my PF-9 alright, but *CAVEAT* she has been shooting for years. The PF-9 also meets your requirements of light and under $300. It does have an awful trigger, and it does have significant recoil. If you *AND YOUR WIFE* haven't tried lightweight pistols before, try one first.

For all the cons of the KT PF-9, mine isn't going anywhere till I can afford to upgrade to the Kahr CM-9 or Kimber Solo.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which light weight 9mm for around $300, would you recommend?
already did. kahr cw9, i've got 3 of them i paid $300 each for 2 of them off this board and traded into the third i have $350 in it but it has 4 mags. i also have a ruger lc9 i paid $325 for off of armslist all of which are better guns than keltecs and yes i've owned and shot keltecs

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the Kahr. My daughter bought a P9 before the CW9 econo version came out. I was surprised at how accurate and smooth it was, so I obught one also. It is about as small and light as you can go and still have good accuracy and shootability at something greater than across-the-table shooting. Would you prefer a gun accurate enough to do head shots on an IDPA target or one that just manages to get on the paper?

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can she rack the slide?
That should be the first question!
Procede from there.

That was the main reason my wife liked the Glock over the KAHR. I spent a little time at B.A. Gun Shop today and they had several 9mm to choose from. You should take her there and let her handle and compare the guns side-by-side. They are very friendly people and eager to help. I was very impressed with the prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom