Best machine shop for diesel engines?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do head gaskets, ARP studs and o-rings on my 6.0L powerstroke. What are the best machine shops for this kind of work, that have actually done work on 6.0's? Anywhere in Oklahoma, but prefer Tulsa area.

Also if you've had a bad experience (or know someone who has) with a machine shop, chime in as well so I'll know who to stay away from.

Thanks in advance.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a place on 61st and HWY 169 called RC or something like that. They are next to Crown Neon. That is where we have been taking our 06 F250 and 08 f350 The guy has a super clean shop seems to do a good job and is fair on price

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Smokin Okie Diesel in Enid. Incredibly busy and is the go to place for any Ford, GM or Dodge diesel repair and performance around here.....and it may take a while to get your truck on the list.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're doing it yourself, Lucito W. Of Mingo on 55th.
He's grumpy, but he's one of two shops in Tulsa that can get a head smooth enough for a MLS gasket. The other is Memorial. Unless you're doing 100K+ a year with them, they don't have time for you.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The studs will need to be retorqued with the fire ringed heads. There really isn't a need for the rings unless you are building a drag truck. I would take them to Stanley Morton Machine in Broken Arrow 81st and 177th. Tom Lucito is an expensive princess with hit and miss work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom