Bittersweet, but Quest for Toad/Fatty is over..........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My wife and I pulled a tape around his neck at the base of his skull and it was 30". Half way between there and his shoulders was 37"! For the taxidermists, what's normal. We've shot several 200lb-217lb deer, but nothing with a neck like this. When I gutted him, I pulled out two globs of fat on either side of intestines that were about the size of a loaf of bread each. When skinning him out, the fat over his butt and down his back was between 2-4" thick. Living all of his life in milo and soybeans will do that I guess.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! I've seen some big deer but I've never seen one that FAT! I saw a 220lb doe (yes that was field dressed) checked in in Indiana one year. The neck on that guy is unreal!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about your "bittersweet" comment since I saw this thread, and that's the exact term I used when my son and I killed our bucks. For me, a kind of relationship develops when I watch a buck (even just on game cam) for multiple years, and when I'm finally able to close the deal, it's almost a let down. Maybe I'm getting a little sappy as I get older....

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My was more bittersweet in than I'm glad he's down, but really wish she would have been the one shooting him with her bow...............of course a responsible dad would have already bought her a LTHL, and I could have just handed her the ML. :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My was more bittersweet in than I'm glad he's down, but really wish she would have been the one shooting him with her bow...............of course a responsible dad would have already bought her a LTHL, and I could have just handed her the ML. :)

My kids got theirs for a graduation present. Still time to get hers. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom