Blue Ray Player for Christmas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother gave my wife and I a gift card to Best Buy for Christmas and we picked up an LG BD570 blue ray player with built in wifi for $150 plus tax. It took about 15 minutes to hook it up and get it going on my network. It has netflix, pandora, youtube, napster, and several other online services. It plays netflix movies very well. I'm totally blown away by this thing. I wish I would have gotten one of these a long time ago.

This is the one we got. If you're in the market I'd definitely recommend it. Watch out for other units that are WIFI Ready. They still require a ~$40 wifi dongle. The LG BD570 we picked up is ready to go out of the box.

http://reviews.cnet.com/blu-ray-players-recorders/lg-bd570/4505-9991_7-33971074.html

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats! We have a Samsung BD player, just WiFi ready. I asked, and since ours has the wired ethernet on it, the only difference is the wireless. And since I'll be running other cables to/from the entertainment center, I just figured I'll wire it in.

I haven't noticed that much difference in Blu Ray in every movie; some are more "better" than others, but I like the player.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have setup 2 samsung wireless blue ray players in the last week and I'm thinking of getting one myself.

If they say wifi ready you have to buy the dongle if you don't have ethernet; if they say wifi without the 'ready' clause, you just authorize them to use your wireless access point and voila, you are connected.

Best blue ray scene I have witnessed so far:

The race scene in Iron Man 2

It's spectacular in blue ray.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will be getting another one, on the ones that have wfi built in do they download the updates via the wifi or do you still have to download the update and install via usb drive?

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm, might be something for me to use the $225 in BB gift cards and reward zone points on then.

that is the only thing I hate about the Samsung BR player I have now is the constant updating of the firmware for the movies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom