Boating question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yanksdad3

Marksman
Reaction score
Not trying to be a smart ass. Just an old joke.

You will be fine with a copy of the title. If you already gave the signed title to the tag agency, the tax commission usually is timely about getting the clear title back to you quickly. In the meantime you can just wing it. I think when you turned in the title they gave you a pink copy showing what all was paid for both the boat and the motor. Just throw that in the glove box.

I have never had any trouble with that sort of deal.

Hope that helps.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to be a smart ass. Just an old joke.

You will be fine with a copy of the title. If you already gave the signed title to the tag agency, the tax commission usually is timely about getting the clear title back to you quickly. In the meantime you can just wing it. I think when you turned in the title they gave you a pink copy showing what all was paid for both the boat and the motor. Just throw that in the glove box.

I have never had any trouble with that sort of deal.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, this is my first boat and I am trying to get everything in order.
I know the "joke", but 7 out of 9 of the posts are about the "joke". I have been on this forum for awhile and I don't post here much because of this. It gets annoying when a thread gets overran with "Joke" responses.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But it's what keeps the forum fun
You get your answers and we give them to you while having a little fun... Win win

As for your question, if your boat is tagged (stickered) you just need to keep the registration papers (for the tags) in the boat with you. You don't need a copy of the title or bill of sale or none of that. It's just to make sure the #s on the stickers you have on your boat/motor match what they are are supposed to be on.
Like, you go buy a cheep $15 tag(sticker) for an old 10 horse and slap it on your brand new 250hp Verado lol

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, this is my first boat and I am trying to get everything in order.
I know the "joke", but 7 out of 9 of the posts are about the "joke". I have been on this forum for awhile and I don't post here much because of this. It gets annoying when a thread gets overran with "Joke" responses.

You must be annoyed a lot around here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom